Things you think about at work

M

Mike23

Ok, didn't see this posted anywhere (but I could be blind I did do the mega search though) and found it shocking!

I was wondering what everything thinks about while working?

Today I was huuuuuuungry and thought, 'I'm hungry' so I tried to go to a convenience store (it actually had convenient store in the title). It was closed! I then thought, 'how's that possible? Wouldn't it be an inconvenient store then?'

Unfortunately I couldn't find the vid for this song but those fans of yes dear may remember this song:

The lyrics to the "Things I Think About at Work" song:
"Another morning in my security box
Every stage has free bagels and lox
I just noticed I'm wearing two different-colored socks
Man, this Vanilla Coke® really rocks
My second-favorite actor has gotta be Captain Kirk
These are things I think about at work
I wonder if Abe Vigoda's still alive
I wonder if there's any doughnuts left on Stage 5
The movie Memento had a very confusing story
Will Joe Gibbs bring the Redskins back to glory?
I never met Pierce Brosnan; got the feelin' he's kind of a jerk
I think Mr. T can take Russell Crowe in a fight (Don't you?)
I'd like to be Mr. Britney Spears for just one night
I've always thought that guinea pigs were odd (They don't even look like pigs)
The man who invented NutRageous® is a god
If I were Hercules, all my best friends could just call me Herc
I used to have a next-door neighbor, and he'd yell at me when I'd cut through his yard
Either goin' to school or comin' home, and once he threw a rock at my dog
And then he'd call the cops when I'd play my music no matter how loud or quiet it was
And he had a weird limp from the second World War
And he smoked like a chimney, swore like a sailor, and he drank beer all day, and he hated my guts, and his name was Frank McGuirk
Yeah, these are things I think about at work
Oh, these are things I think about at work
Ah-ahhhhhhhhh!"

City Driver

the weekend and what im gonna do when i get off work

then i get distracted by a nice set of cleavage i see in a 4 wheeler and remember why i became a truck driver to begin with

JustTired

free at last.......
I used to think about the guy who set the trace up on my route when EDD came in. And that a 4th grader with average map-reading skills could have done a better job. Then i just thought about how I was going to spend the extra money this trace was giving me.

Now I only think when I want to. And it's a good feeling.

bigbrownhen

I am usually thinking about my kids once I have my route set in my head. I don't have alot of windshield time, so its just a few moments between stops and during lunch. My oldest is in the Army, next one is off to college soon, and little one is only 3, so I have enough to keep me occupied. Then there is always the rest of the everyday worries. Housework, whats for dinner, and of course last but not least, "Wonder what is on the BC tonight."

NHDRVR

Ok, didn't see this posted anywhere (but I could be blind I did do the mega search though) and found it shocking!

I was wondering what everything thinks about while working?

Today I was huuuuuuungry and thought, 'I'm hungry' so I tried to go to a convenience store (it actually had convenient store in the title). It was closed! I then thought, 'how's that possible? Wouldn't it be an inconvenient store then?'

Unfortunately I couldn't find the vid for this song but those fans of yes dear may remember this song:

The lyrics to the "Things I Think About at Work" song:
"Another morning in my security box
Every stage has free bagels and lox
I just noticed I'm wearing two different-colored socks
Man, this Vanilla Coke® really rocks
My second-favorite actor has gotta be Captain Kirk
I wonder if Abe Vigoda's still alive
I wonder if there's any doughnuts left on Stage 5
The movie Memento had a very confusing story
Will Joe Gibbs bring the Redskins back to glory?
I never met Pierce Brosnan; got the feelin' he's kind of a jerk
I think Mr. T can take Russell Crowe in a fight (Don't you?)
I'd like to be Mr. Britney Spears for just one night
I've always thought that guinea pigs were odd (They don't even look like pigs)
The man who invented NutRageous® is a god
If I were Hercules, all my best friends could just call me Herc
I used to have a next-door neighbor, and he'd yell at me when I'd cut through his yard
Either goin' to school or comin' home, and once he threw a rock at my dog
And then he'd call the cops when I'd play my music no matter how loud or quiet it was
And he had a weird limp from the second World War
And he smoked like a chimney, swore like a sailor, and he drank beer all day, and he hated my guts, and his name was Frank McGuirk
Yeah, these are things I think about at work
Oh, these are things I think about at work
Ah-ahhhhhhhhh!"

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
bigbrownhen;561314 and little one is only 3 said:
When my son was this age I couldn't wait to get home to see him, but because I would always get off late there were only hours before he was too tired and fell asleep. His infant days went by too quick and I blame myself for missing all the important times when both parents shouldl have been there for him.

partykid

When my son was this age I couldn't wait to get home to see him, but because I would always get off late there were only hours before he was too tired and fell asleep. His infant days went by too quick and I blame myself for missing all the important times when both parents shouldl have been there for him.
i feel this way with my 3 year old daughter!!!! She is asleep when i go to work, and getting ready for bed when i get home!! UPS is a single mans job unless you have a very good route. One day "hopefully" she'll understand that my working late is ALL for her!!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
In all actuality I think about sex a lot. It's not just during work either. And i picture a lot of my female customers naked. Sometimes for sexual reasons but usually for humor. This is why I keep a radio in my truck. It's keeps me from dwelling on my thoughts too much.

M

Mike23

Oh, got a few more:

Why do people have 'baby onboard' stickers on their car when there's no baby onboard? Also why are these people always the ones on cell phones with a child in the back?

Why is it 90% of drivers don't know how to driver properly but flip ME off?

I hate management (although hasn't been too bad lately, horay!)

rod

Retired 22 years
In all actuality I think about sex a lot. It's not just during work either. And i picture a lot of my female customers naked. Sometimes for sexual reasons but usually for humor. This is why I keep a radio in my truck. It's keeps me from dwelling on my thoughts too much.

Did you ever concider that they think the same way about you?:wink2: