threatened to be killed on the job

I would not ask the center manager to let me will call his packages in the future. I would TELL the center manager I was going to do that. The only problem with this is that unless his is the only house on that block, you can't keep from going down the street/road.
I would document everything from telling the center manager with witnesses about , to talking to the Union and the police.
And then, I would carry.
I would definitely either let my spouse know what is going on or would make sure all of the info was written down somewhere that she would get it if .....

huskres

Since the company wont allow you to carry i'm sure I would buy a bottle of pepper spray foam. The foam will work when its windy and what not compared to the regular spray that wont. If any questions are asked just say its dog spray. :D

spuman

I would try contacting the state police i think you might have better luck w/ them,definately this nut job is a w/c.IF I'm not mistaken threatening someone is a class c felony.

good luck

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Louisville Slugger sounds like an easy item to have in your truck. Just tell management you need practice hitting knuckleballs.

Having good pepper spray would also sounds safe as well. Don't bring the gun !!!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If you fear that much for your safety, you have 2 choices.

1: Switch routes, tell supe you fear for your life.
2: Carry that weapon, and be prepared to use, it if you have to.

How did this all come about, anyways?

Couple of amendments to my previous post. Though I say switching routes is still an option, I know how we cherish our own routes. That being the case, I would avoid that one house, will calling all of the packages. Even if the lunatic doesn't reside there alone, will call everything that goes there.

Next, I would follow the other suggestions of reporting this to everyone that will listen, documenting it all the way.

Thirdly, pray that this guy wins the lottery and promptly moves from you area.:wink2:

P

pickup

Never heard back from original poster, but I bet the crack house doesn't get deliveries but somewhere on the block does and this "cat" is trying to steal packages and had a confrontation with the ups driver. Wish to get more details. Be a shame if that crack house accidentally caught on fire.

MRFLASHPORT

Radio System Manager
To the OP: what was the first encounter with the suspect? Do you know them? What are the circumstances of contact? There is much more to this I am sure.

P

pickup

If I were writing a novel and came up with this situation and needed the hero to win but the enemy has to partake in his own demise. I would have the hero (the delivery driver) dip a few cigarettes into a deadly poison, let them dry and reinsert them into the empty pack. Leave pack of cigarettes on driver's seat with door open while driver makes a delivery out of sight. Crackie will descend upon them and smoke one of them later resulting in his death or coma/paralysis. Of course, this were if I were writing a novel. Of course, I could also have my hero find out as much as he can about villain , esp where he likes to go other than crack house and have him bump into him (off duty while carrying) and shoot him there or in transit of course while crackie was attacking him(thats my story and I'm sticking to it, look I got a notice of protection which documents he is nuts). Dead men don't tell tales and no one would mourn his death. Once again this would be if I were writing a novel which I'm not:wink2:

S

speeddemon

If you fear that much for your safety, you have 2 choices.

1: Switch routes, tell supe you fear for your life.
2: Carry that weapon, and be prepared to use, it if you have to.

How did this all come about, anyways?

I vote for option 2.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
When the stories of the DC Sniper came out I envisioned this guy (s) standing in a forest pointing a high powered rifle at you. When I drove near heavily wooded areas I scanned trees to see if any nutbags were going to copycat this idiot, well it made me think...what if?

satellitedriver

I am a delivery driver in a very remote area. I have had two "run ins " with a young man on my area. This man has threatened me bodily harm, and the second time threatened to kill me. Any suggestions?
I reread this post and had to speak my mind.
You told UPS.
You told the local cops.
The first time he threatened you was his fault.
The second time he did, is on you.
Personally, on the second threat I would have threatened back.
I am an old, skinny man that will come home safe and sound,because
my wife expects me to, no matter who or what gets in my way.
I do not pack at work, but I carry tools that will get the job done.
I will run to keep my job before I fight, but if backed into a corner?
Do what you must to come home safe.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you have a permit to carry, then do so.

What your management team doesnt know wont hurt them. They are safe behind a desk. You arent.

If the guy tries to kill you and you have no choice but to shoot him, then you will get fired but at least you will still be alive.

Your survival is far more important than obeying some petty company policy.