Threatening attitude from management

Snesley

I thought this board might have some wisdom regarding a situation I had with management.
I work 3rd shift at UPS as a package handler. Last night I told my PT supervisor that he should have someone watching him while he breaks jams. I continued my work in my assigned area and next thing I know I'm being yelled at to get out of the trailer by a full time manager. He sounded angry and his demeanor was intimidating. He yelled at me to come to his office so I told him I wanted to wait for my union rep. At that point I was shaking with fear just telling myself everything will be okay because I had no idea what was going to happen. I went to his office with my rep and my manager asked, "so what's your grievance?" I didn't know what to say. I never even mentioned filing a grievance, I did get papers from my union rep in case my supervisor continued working but I was not planning on filing. I don't remember exactly how the rest of the interaction went except that my manager was angry and made a fist saying he didn't like the way I was looking at him?? My union rep said he didn't like the whole situation so I was then allowed to return to my work.
I was really stressed out today and I couldn't convince myself to go to work tonight for fear of how I might be treated by management. I was told there is a
1-800 number I should call about the issue. I do think I should take this higher up because so much of it seems out of my control.

542thruNthru

If you felt that threatened. Call the 1800 number and also file a Article 37grievance on your manager. You could also file a EEOC claim.

Though honestly I think you need to grow some thick skin and stop being so timid. File the Article 37 grievance and sup working grievance.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I thought this board might have some wisdom regarding a situation I had with management.
I work 3rd shift at UPS as a package handler. Last night I told my PT supervisor that he should have someone watching him while he breaks jams. I continued my work in my assigned area and next thing I know I'm being yelled at to get out of the trailer by a full time manager. He sounded angry and his demeanor was intimidating. He yelled at me to come to his office so I told him I wanted to wait for my union rep. At that point I was shaking with fear just telling myself everything will be okay because I had no idea what was going to happen. I went to his office with my rep and my manager asked, "so what's your grievance?" I didn't know what to say. I never even mentioned filing a grievance, I did get papers from my union rep in case my supervisor continued working but I was not planning on filing. I don't remember exactly how the rest of the interaction went except that my manager was angry and made a fist saying he didn't like the way I was looking at him?? My union rep said he didn't like the whole situation so I was then allowed to return to my work.
I was really stressed out today and I couldn't convince myself to go to work tonight for fear of how I might be treated by management. I was told there is a
1-800 number I should call about the issue. I do think I should take this higher up because so much of it seems out of my control.
They try this junk with everyone once. Either agree to be a victim and deal with it for the rest of your career, or stand up for yourself and they will find some other punching bag. This WILL continue until you do something to correct their behavior toward you.

CoolStoryBro

This is what you get for talking to management. Keep your mouth shut and let that dude break his leg or die in that jam. Not your problem.

COOL STORY BRO

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The new UPS
SMH

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
This is what you get for talking to management. Keep your mouth shut and let that dude break his leg or die in that jam. Not your problem.

COOL STORY BRO
But file on it. To the OP, let him break the jam for as long as he wants to. I used to go up to every sup and ask them to stop working and I was only cutting into the amount if money coming my way. Now I just let them break that jam or work for several hours and you can smell that money.

I'd file both an article 37 and sup working. Article 37s are easily my fave. Play the victim card HARD. They pay out for harassment grievances now.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Sup just told me to run my misloads tonight and I told him get the preloader who loaded wrong to run them. He insisted so I told him to piss off,and I will sheet them as missed. 😁

Indecisi0n

If you felt that threatened. Call the 1800 number and also file a Article 37grievance on your manager. You could also file a EEOC claim.

Though honestly I think you need to grow some thick skin and stop being so timid. File the Article 37 grievance and sup working grievance.
Mine is THICC