Three UPS trucks damaged in fire

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Morsi, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Morsi

Morsi Member

2. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

I don't know exact details, but I can tell you it's the second fire in that building in about ten years give or take....very suspicious.

3. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

Side note...who knew an aluminum truck could/would burn? Those photos are crazy.

4. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Probably the stupid Mgr who needed a reason to up the stops on the rest of the drivers who still had a driveable truck.

5. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

It probably wasn't started by an e cigerette

6. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Well upstate..it had to be someone with keys to get into the building and the only ones with them are mgt. ..right?? Those cars unfire aren't outside..

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Most if not all of the hourlies in my center have a magnetic key card to enter and exit the building.

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Aluminum melts at a pretty low temperature (1220 F) compared to some other metals. Wrought iron melting point for example is closer to 2900 degrees.

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

The fiberglass front ends and tops will burn.

Certain alloys of aluminum will burn. Don't ask how I learned that.;)

10. rod

rod retired and happy

The last time it happened I believe it was blamed on faulty /old wiring in an old P800. This time from what I can tell they were all newer trucks.

11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We were told it was the 2nd fire in 3 years and that the 1st was caused by a radio that was not wired correctly. Evidently, that was the 1st thing they were looking at with this fire also.

12. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm not sure on exactly when the last one was (I thought it was longer than 3 years) but I do know the "radio" thing is bull :poop:. If it was a radio someone would have been fired. You don't destroy 2 or 3 UPS trucks because your radio is hooked up wrong and still keep your job. NO ONE WAS FIRED the last time. Tell who ever said that they are full of :poop:. Same old management crap.

13. rod

rod retired and happy

That is typical "don't know what the F they are doing BS". Anytime there is ANY electrical problem that causes damage the first thing they do is assume its the drivers fault. I know when I had a P800 go up in smoke they sent up a "crack" team from Minneapolis up to try to hang me instead of actually looking for the real cause. I was the one who had to lead them by the hand like a little kid and point out where a hot wire had been rubbing and caused a direct short which in turn caused every wire in the POS truck to melt. I never got a "we are sorry to accuse you or thanks for pointing that out or nothing". Their only response was "Oh--you can leave now". F-em!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

How do you know it is coming from management?

15. rod

rod retired and happy

Am I wrong? How about it Barnyard--who told you it was a radio? If I'm wrong I will eat crow.

P.S. why the "derail" comment. What"s derailing about my comment?

16. rod

rod retired and happy

Was this management talking or hourly?

17. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Nothing about proper footwear ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

The poop imgs are stupid. undone. ;)

19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

My building had a couple of package cars catch fire from the wiring when they were parked in the building. Many of those old trucks had a rats nest for wiring.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I find it amusing that coldworld does not work in my center yet disagreed with my post.