Time For A Music Thread, Summer Concerts

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Saw German Thrash band Kreator monday in St. Pete at The Garage.....Pretty good show....Venue they played at sucked....Place only holds about 300....And it was packed full....Heres some pics

pics1004.jpg

pics1005.jpg

pics1006.jpg

pics1007.jpg

pics1008.jpg

pics1009.jpg

pics1010.jpg

Me and Rob Dukes from Thrash band Exodus
pics1011.jpg

Me and Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse
pics1002.jpg

Me and David Vincent from Death Metal band Morbid Angel
pics1003.jpg

wkmac

This past friday I saw Progessive Sludge band Mastodon at the Center Stage in Atlanta,GA

I saw Opeth (awesome show) at Center Stage last fall and I really liked the venue. First time there for me. Got a call today from local music store (Sam Ash) who are comping us tickets for Testament on May 30th at the Masquerade. Kinda a thanks for all the gear we've bought over the last couple of years.

I know the lineup has changed over the years but looking forward to see a bit of thrash history from the Frisco music scene but I'm still partial to the Gothenburg metal scene.

:peaceful:

wkmac

I just saw this concerning the height (as in short) of some rock stars and I was really shocked. I knew Dio was little and no offense to anyone as I'm over 6 ft. myself so Dio's 5' 4" to me seems little but the guy's a giant in music. The one that really shocked me was Angus Young of AC/DC. Never gave his height any thought but to learn he's only 5' 2" kinda blew me away!

Then again, not many Paul Gilbert's or Rick Wakeman's who stand 6' 4" in music either. As big as Chris Squire of Yes always looked on stage, Rick was taller to my surprise. It must have been the cape.
:wink2:

wkmac

How was it?

It was good, Skolnick was awesome but the house sound system was bad unless you dare venture into the pit and this 50 something ain't about to do that and the Wall of Death too!

I gotta tell you guys about Derek Kerswell, the drummer for Unearth who opened for Testament. I have 2 daughters, 17 year old guitarist and a 15 year old drummer and the 3 of us along with around a dozen or so local musicians and Sam Ash employees all went together to the show. After Unearth played, they came to the back of the hall, meet & greet, sign autographs, sell T shirts/cds and just generally interact with the fans. One of the guys with us is a huge Unearth fan so he took my 2 daughters back so the 3 of them could meet the band. As they did, one of the other band members kidded him about having 2 girlfriends at which everyone chuckled but then Chris told them these 2 girls were very good musicians. Of course, Unearth asked what they played and when Derek heard my 15 year old drums, he thought that was so cool especially when he learned she also played in a jazz ensemble. At that point he looked up at all the people around and told them he had something to do and would be back in a couple of minutes. He then told my daughter not to move and he'd be right back.

Derek ran backstage, removed a tom head from his drum kick, he and everyone in the band signed it, he gave her the head along with several pairs of sticks and even gave her some practice ideas. He also gave her his email, etc. and told her anytime she had a question or needed help to pop him an email. He was an absolute prince. I met him as well and thanked him for his kindness and he just thought it was great that my girls were doing music and wanted to encourage that as much as he could.

The guys from Unearth and especially Derek were just awesome and super people! Check em' out if you get a chance!

wikipedia article on Derek

wkmac

WOW! is an understatement. The power in those voices and that young too.

And to quote Dr. Frankensteen from Young Frankenstein,

"WHAT KNOCKERS!"

:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Estimated cost of this was said to have cost between $50,000 to $100,000 and
it is said it took months and months to create. Prior to the performance,
Celine practiced with an Elvis impersonator.
However it was done, it was totally amazing to me. She sounded great singing
with Elvis. The duet was fantastic.

A truly amazing use of modern day technology brings Elvis Presley back to life in
front of your own eye's. Click below!

http://thehumorzone.co.uk/Videos/elvis_celine.wmv

DS

Fenderbender
Holy crap More at first it was 5 boobs but 3 of them could sing!

We went to see nucleus last night and it was a blast.I got to meet the drummer and my friend recorded it .Pete Traynor introduced them and every Toronto musician owned a traynor amp back then,it was like going back in time.Nucleus was the lords of london in 1967 and had 2 minor hits.
Cornflakes and ice cream and Time waits for no one...I wont add a link to youtube because its really dated.Some members went on to become a band called A foot in Cold Water...make me do anything you want...
I have said before and will reiterate that music is the only thing man has ever created that lasts forever.

Last edited:

tourists24

ok,,, Saliva concert is in the books... gotta say they were great...

this is also the second time I went to see one group but was more impressed with another... this time it was Adelitas Way... good group