Time for something different? Johnson- Weld

rickyb

France is that where the terrorist run amok at will?
uhh i think the presidents office and head of the CIA, etc would be the location of terrorism run amok.

but anyways france is getting hit hard, and im not sure why other than the fact their government is an imperial one like yours just on a smaller scale

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When I got to work on 9-11 , there was a roaring boom above my head . It was a friend-15 taking off a couple of towns over to go do a fly over Boston. Because over planes were flying over NYC.
I will never forget the nice Red Maple Leaf on it's tail .

rickyb

When I got to work on 9-11 , there was a roaring boom above my head . It was a friend-15 taking off a couple of towns over to go do a fly over Boston. Because over planes were flying over NYC.
I will never forget the nice Red Maple Leaf on it's tail .
:censored2: i was still in elementary school, i thought it was something out of the movies

rickyb

It showed that the USA was not alone during this crisis .
i think i heard the idea that canada is a peaceful country is a myth. were certainly under some kind of american control, im not sure the extent of it.

how many governments are meddling with other countries affairs and killing people worldwide? theres something wrong with the system when a ton of governments are doing worldwide terrorism.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
i think i heard the idea that canada is a peaceful country is a myth. were certainly under some kind of american control, im not sure the extent of it.

how many governments are meddling with other countries affairs and killing people worldwide? theres something wrong with the system when a ton of governments are doing worldwide terrorism.
Wut?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You know Bill Weld was my governor for a while and I can't recall anything worthwhile that he did .

I don't believe you.

Governor Bill Weld

William ‘Bill’ Weld was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 1990 with 51% of the vote. More importantly, he was re-elected in 1994 with a record breaking 71% of the vote, a record that still stands today.

What does this landslide victory say about a former Republican in a Democratic state? Simple. He served the people, not just the voters from his political party.

Despite the state legislature being controlled by a Democratic majority, Bill managed to cut taxes 21 times and did not permit any tax increases. A 1994 report from the Cato institute concluded that, “Weld cut spending, balanced the budget, improved the state’s bond rating, and cut numerous taxes. Even with a Democratic legislature, Weld has a stunningly successful fiscal record.”

You probably voted for him but just don't remember. :biggrin:

BrownArmy

Are Washington lobbyists on a 'payroll'? (that's controlled by the President?...nope)

Johnson is a nice guy, and maybe he'd be a great President.

But, honestly, he spins as much bull as Trump and Clinton.

He does seem more honest about it though, as if that matters.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Are Washington lobbyists on a 'payroll'? (that's controlled by the President?...nope)

Johnson is a nice guy, and maybe he'd be a great President.

But, honestly, he spins as much bull as Trump and Clinton.

He does seem more honest about it though, as if that matters.

Bold items

1. He says that 80% of Washington lobbyists are there to garner tax favor and if he went with 0 corporate taxes and with a consumption tax, well the tax favors that are there for would not be available. He also prefaced his comments with "If I were King" knowing full well congress would make the decision.

2. Please explain how Johnson's spin is comparable to the other candidates. Then you say he seems more honest...Which is it? And yes honesty does matter, If a candidate is genuine voters like that. Hillary's negatives are largely due to her dishonesty.

BrownArmy

Bold items

1. He says that 80% of Washington lobbyists are there to garner tax favor and if he went with 0 corporate taxes and with a consumption tax, well the tax favors that are there for would not be available. He also prefaced his comments with "If I were King" knowing full well congress would make the decision.

2. Please explain how Johnson's spin is comparable to the other candidates. Then you say he seems more honest...Which is it? And yes honesty does matter, If a candidate is genuine voters like that. Hillary's negatives are largely due to her dishonesty.

1. If we got rid of lobbyists, who would write our laws? [emoji6]

2. Johnson seems more fundamentally honest than the other two, but he still spins. He spins on his record as governor, he spins on particular positions depending on his audience, and he spins on his actual plans. Basically, he's a politician.

I'm dubious about the Libertarian platform in general, and It's not clear to me that Johnson is as 'small-government' as he makes himself out to be.

Sportello

He is wrong. The tax laws are already written in the favor of big business, that's not where they are spending their money. Lobbying is now done to control markets.

I disagree with Johnson's conclusions in his tax plan, a plan that would have zero chance of passing Congress, as would anything else he proposes. Plus, I'm not an Ayn Rand fan.

He is as dangerous as Trump to our world standing.

I'm sure you disagree, and that's fine. I just don't see how his way works, at all.

He is wrong. The tax laws are already written in the favor of big business, that's not where they are spending their money. Lobbying is now done to control markets.

I disagree with Johnson's conclusions in his tax plan, a plan that would have zero chance of passing Congress, as would anything else he proposes. Plus, I'm not an Ayn Rand fan.

He is as dangerous as Trump to our world standing.

I'm sure you disagree, and that's fine. I just don't see how his way works, at all.
And your opinion means absolutely nothing.