Time for something different? Johnson- Weld

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I'm dubious about the Libertarian platform in general, and It's not clear to me that Johnson is as 'small-government' as he makes himself out to be.

He's much more "small-government" than Trump or Hillary. It takes a functioning congress to make changes and with his and Weld's history of working with Dems in their perspective states, both of them getting re-elected to do so in blue states...

I kinda like the odds of two experienced 2-term governors better than the other two candidates.

Time will tell and the odds are against them because of the fears of change.

teamer

He's much more "small-government" than Trump or Hillary. It takes a functioning congress to make changes and with his and Weld's history of working with Dems in their perspective states, both of them getting re-elected to do so in blue states...

I kinda like the odds of two experienced 2-term governors better than the other two candidates.

Time will tell and the odds are against them because of the fears of change.

might be the strongest ticket to ever go third party

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Gary Johnson: We Need To Stop Criminalizing Personal Choice

Freedom isn’t complicated. It just requires us to remember who we are as Americans. Unfortunately, the politicians in Washington, Republicans and Democrats alike, have forgotten that simple, foundational American value.
You know it's funny mentioned Gary to my father in law. He's almost 80. His response.

Omg that pothead?!?!?!?

It's funny but this is how many older people view Weed and other drugs. Someone does them or thinks people should be allowed to do them and they automatically think the person is a loser.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know it's funny mentioned Gary to my father in law. He's almost 80. His response.

Omg that pothead?!?!?!?

It's funny but this is how many older people view Weed and other drugs. Someone does them or thinks people should be allowed to do them and they automatically think the person is a loser.

For the most part your father in law would be correct.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Omg that pothead?!?!?!?

Social conditioning based on US Government lies but mostly due to rampant bigotry and racism.
The current social views are based on racist discrimination against Blacks, Hispanics and Asian peoples that developed after the US Civil War.
Nixon's racist views, borne out by the Nixon Tapes, shaped modern US Government policies toward drugs.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Omg that pothead?!?!?!?

You're right about the "Pot" stigma... Betcha he doesn't think the same about whiskey though.

Hey, if you're on the couch all day whether it's pot or whiskey there's a problem. If you have been a successful governor and dabbled in pot or booze and not hurt anyone else.. Who the :censored2: cares... Right?