To feed(er) or not to feeder?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yes. PT and not hating my life.

Why, I love my life.

Because of my full-time job, I make sure to take an exotic vacation once a year. I also have a full-time pension, which plays into the whole, do what I want when I retire thing.

Give it a try. Responsibility isn't such a bad thing.

Foamer Pyle

I tried feeders, and did not like it. I thought that three days of actual training was absurd for that vehicle. I had a hard time staying awake, and then could not sleep when I got home. Was physically tired but couldn't shut my mind down. Anyway, I have a much greater respect for the guys that do that job. I think it's something that you either like, or do not like. Just make sure that you are sure that you like it, before your production week is over, or else you will be stuck doing that job.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That is not the message I get when I read about all the package car driver posts. They all seem to hate their jobs.
I was sick of package when I went to feeders, I just didn't understand where you were coming from with the whole "move out of your mom's basement" line.

PT Car Washer

I was sick of package when I went to feeders, I just didn't understand where you were coming from with the whole "move out of your mom's basement" line.
Sorry. I was being sarcastic toward other FTers opinion of PTers. Yeah being a split driver sucks, but then all of a sudden you get a shot at your own route and everything is good.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Well with 36 years in and 58 years old, yes.

Much respect sir, you've seen and done far more than I. My comment was directed at "you ain't" who seemed to scoff at the idea of a 12 hour day. He'll be in for a rude awakening should he ever bid into a full time position.

Sent using a Potato

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Currently studying "finance" at Baruch bro. Only 19 yrs old bro. Got two more yrs left bro. Can possible be your center manager one day bro. Don't need to go ft at UPS to make it in life, bro!

C'mon big timer, you don't want to be my center manager. You'll be working more than 12 hours per day for the privilege. Plus, you'll have me constantly reminding you that, you're not worthy to crawl in my shadow.

Baruch... Is that Hebrew for DeVry?

Sent using a Potato

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a little over a 10 hour planned day when I retired from feeders. I would usually get off around 3-4am, just about the time center loads were going out. All I had to do was let it be known I'd help dispatch out if they had extra work. I could have worked 60 hours a week if I wanted, but I let the youngsters have most of it. I sure hated the am meetings when I was in package. Every morning mgt would beat people up over the OR. Feeders is like a whole different company..yeah they have their hot buttons that they punch from time to time. One week it might be load retainers on all outbound loads, then they would forget about that. Next time it might be SW gate time... I just let it roll off my back. There were times that I would go a month and not see my immediate supervisor. Dispatcher would sometimes leave nasty notes on your dispatch, but he usually only did that because someone above him made him do it. The last thing he wants to do is po the feeder drivers when he needed a favor or an extra leg. Feeder drivers have long memories and we seldom forget, as well as being old timers, we usually know a lot about how the contract reads. haha.

250s

In my opinion, Feeder is the answer. I find it surprising that most people that have negative comments about Feeder, are package drivers. Package drivers that have never done Feeder work. The area I work in, almost every Feeder drivers, were at one time, package drivers. Most, but not all. So Feeder drivers know what type of work, package drivers do. I've been a sleeper team driver for 15 years, I currently work 3 days a week, Tuesday, Wenesday, Thursday. Four day weekends. I haven't always had this schedule in Feeder, but like anywhere, you have to start somewhere.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Hey, better than being an unschooled truck driver.

You would be surprised at the educational level that most drivers have attained "bro." Even drivers with little formal education have more on the ball than some arrogant jerks with a piece of paper telling them they are smart "bro." As for your dreams of being a center manager good luck. Most "unschooled drivers " will run intellectual circles around a center manager with no real world experience.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You would be surprised at the educational level that most drivers have attained "bro." Even drivers with little formal education have more on the ball than some arrogant jerks with a piece of paper telling them they are smart "bro." As for your dreams of being a center manager good luck. Most "unschooled drivers " will run intellectual circles around a center manager with no real world experience.

Never said I had dreams to become a center manager, never would. As for "unschooled truck driver", that comment was directed to one particular guy, not all drivers in general.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Never said I had dreams to become a center manager, never would. As for "unschooled truck driver", that comment was directed to one particular guy, not all drivers in general.

Use that same logic elsewhere and it's bound to get you in a load of trouble. A "Dumb Negger" comment, even if directed at one specific person, when heard by other people of that same group can REALLY piss some folks off.