To the ISPs

FedGT

Probably should have done some research before buying. Sorry about your loss.

Unfortunately I agree with this statement. It is extremely unfortunate and feel for you but even though the information is not abundant it is out there to find. I looked into the company for two years before I bought in and knew after the first month of looking into it there is no way I would buy in if I didn't get at least 3 routes. Hopefully you can partner up or sell for close to what you paid, that is rough.

STFXG

...which is why you keep your personal and business funds separate... LLC...
We can't have LLCs, only Corporations. And how do you think most guys fund a route purchase? They leverage personal assets. That's the risk for most. Hopefully the guys house isn't on the line.

STFXG

Btw I believe ISP started in 2010. California with the 3 route minimum (CSP, not ISP) started a year or two before that.

FedGT

I'm not sure they will contract with a LLC. I think all the guys in my terminal are s-corps

They won't contract to LLCs but that is not necessarily what he means (at least I don't think). I am getting to the point of starting to separate some of my other assets into LLCs just for further protection, even debating on doing it with my truck titles to then lease back to my business if it is not hindered by the contract (shouldn't be). All about CYA. Company will stay S-Corp

Bounty

Why does fedex not let someone be a LLC? Im sure there is a reason that protects them. My last company was an LLC, but I did have a partner and it was really our own business.

It will be fine

Btw I believe ISP started in 2010. California with the 3 route minimum (CSP, not ISP) started a year or two before that.
Cali started multiple owner mandates around 2007. New Hampshire and another state out east were ISP in 2008, we were the second round when we flipped in 2010. There's really no way to be ignorant of the changes that have been in the works for 8 years. I wasn't surprised at all when we flipped.

FedGT

More legitimate for a company to be incorporated and more "protections". Realistically was probably done because of the extra tax forms since that was a large issue with contractors cheating Uncle Sam

sadmanhere

Not surprised at all. You were the guy that if another contractor wanted to make a point and not service a flexed area you would swoop in and be the terminal hero and end up with that area. It's guys like you that made it impossible for another contractor to make a point. A bottom feeder.

this is the reason people dont make more points cause they know it would go to the bottom feeder

FedGT

this is the reason people dont make more points cause they know it would go to the bottom feeder

You guys can call it what you will, but it's hard being a bottom feeder when you are floating on top. Was also one of the reasons that lead me to another PSA. So I will reiterate, good business sense for the people wanting to grow and build their business. Honestly could care less about contractors not wanting to grow and make "points" that would fall on deaf ears anyways.

gixxer squid

You sound like the one contractor that seems to speak the truth. That was kind of my point, "unless we are united" it goes nowhere, and it will happen again even to guys like bbsam, soon as there done with you they will kick you to the curb. I have a few offers to join with other contractors to get to scale but seems like it could get ugly. Besides I don't trust x with my future
Yes, I'm :censored2:, bitter and anything else you want throw in there.

I speak it how I see it, right or wrong, what may apply to me may not apply to another. Thank you. Its a tough business and has gotten much tougher since we started. I want to get out, but on other hand, what am I going to invest in that creates positive cash flow with no debt. We have seen substantial growth year to year which is also positive. it is NOT all bad. There is always an upside depending on how you look at it. The investment is a risk, but life is a risk as well. At any point Fedex could come in and say they are taking over and your left holding only the pink slips to trucks wondering what happened. Will it happen? Probably not anytime soon. Therefore, business continues as usual. I truly do hope things work out for you.

gixxer squid

2007 on. 2 Truck minimum. LLCs

2011 Corporations
2014. Contracts are voided and 5k carrot bonus for voiding contracts
2015. ISP. Currently in negotiations

500 stop minimum which includes pickups. Nothing to do with PSAs. You could have 1 psa and 3 supps as long as the 500 minimum stop threshold is met for I believe a 6onth average

I personally believe fedex wants to deal with a few contractors rather than many, hence requiring minimums.

If it's not in your state it's coming. I think some states back east are minimum 3 psa, unsure of stop quota. If you are one of these states. I highly recommend or forwarn you that you had better get the min 500 stop cause it's coming. Or get out. I am darn certain they already have forecasted the next 3-5 years what's coming down the pipeline

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Bounty

I speak it how I see it, right or wrong, what may apply to me may not apply to another. Thank you. Its a tough business and has gotten much tougher since we started. I want to get out, but on other hand, what am I going to invest in that creates positive cash flow with no debt. We have seen substantial growth year to year which is also positive. it is NOT all bad. There is always an upside depending on how you look at it. The investment is a risk, but life is a risk as well. At any point Fedex could come in and say they are taking over and your left holding only the pink slips to trucks wondering what happened. Will it happen? Probably not anytime soon. Therefore, business continues as usual. I truly do hope things work out for you.
Thank you, I have an offer that I may be able to live with. It's very unsettled here. Buyer has to make sure it's ok with x before we finalize anything. When I tell people on the outside what we are going through they think I'm making it up. It really is unbelievable, Nonsense.