To the ISPs

Bounty

Men will do what's in the best interest of themselves as well as their families. Risking their livelihood to make some point to a multinational corporation will likely not be in their best interest. Playing along and acquiring more potential revenue for free will be in their best interest. People are selfish, take the money.
I agree, when we meet I hope they are honest. I'm well aware it's not easy to leave $ on the table. I'm struggling with it too.

TeamLift

Delivering without the uniform would be a bigger deal.

Have any of you ever taken a moment to look at this from the manager's perspective? You don't think that most managers would prefer the employer/employee relationship?

They are making a big deal about wearing the uniform at my hub, most drivers including young new contractors wearing the same clothes to work they slept in, won't work, never will, drivers wear the uniform at the hub, as soon as they are on the route the wife beater tee shirt and cutoff shorts go on. Remember FedEx is not a class act like UPS, people who are proud to don the uniform, FedEx is comprised mostly of biker gang look a likes. Besides at least at my hub contractors are not forced to buy your uniforms anymore, so I doubt if any of the drivers will pony up the money to do so. If a contractor really owns his own business, why should you wear their uniform ?

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
They are making a big deal about wearing the uniform at my hub, most drivers including young new contractors wearing the same clothes to work they slept in, won't work, never will, drivers wear the uniform at the hub, as soon as they are on the route the wife beater tee shirt and cutoff shorts go on. Remember FedEx is not a class act like UPS, people who are proud to don the uniform, FedEx is comprised mostly of biker gang look a likes. Besides at least at my hub contractors are not forced to buy your uniforms anymore, so I doubt if any of the drivers will pony up the money to do so. If a contractor really owns his own business, why should you wear their uniform ?

Damn right. What a joke. When my paycheck has "fedex" on the top left corner I'll wear their uniform. Otherwise they can pound sand.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

LoL it's the reverse at my hub... When we come in, we don't wear the uniform shirts until were done preloading our own vehicles, printed our maps/ manifest / turn-by-turns & is ready to go on the road... Its a morning workout for me so i dont get my uniform soiled while doing a preloaders job for free.

I don't wear the patch though advertising the subcontractor I'mworking for/ it's already decaled on the stepvan & I already told him I may be moving on after labor day!

Bounty

Are there any states in the south that have flipped and if not how long will it take ?
Who knows when it will happen, but don't sit and wait, be pro active. If you are going to go forward with x and try to get to scale start now. I think it's a very risky decision. I think it's a matter of time for ISp to be challenged so don't put yourself in debt for these guys. My opinion is if your a single get out now with some $. It's a mess up here right now.

It will be fine

Are there any states in the south that have flipped and if not how long will it take ?
I believe Florida, Alabama and Georgia will flip next. I may be wrong on the states other than Florida, but I read an article about their employee/contractor status lawsuits going to the 11th circuit court. At this point I think FedEx will flip even if they think they'll win the suits just to limit future liability.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Its a morning workout for me so i dont get my uniform soiled while doing a preloaders job for free.
Fred loves free labor. Probably more than anything else.

So you're doing a preloader's job for free which seems to be a common occurrence and some of you guys are saying Ground isn't a scam?

Bounty

LoL it's the reverse at my hub... When we come in, we don't wear the uniform shirts until were done preloading our own vehicles, printed our maps/ manifest / turn-by-turns & is ready to go on the road... Its a morning workout for me so i dont get my uniform soiled while doing a preloaders job for free.

I don't wear the patch though advertising the subcontractor I'mworking for/ it's already decaled on the stepvan & I already told him I may be moving on after labor day!
Contractors that don't pay you to load trucks, no lunch, no breaks and no overtime. Once I'm out I'm going to have a lot of fun.

Cactus

I'll bet the I.R.S. would love to hear about the free labor that Ground seems to be receiving on a regular basis.

CJinx

When we come in, we don't wear the uniform shirts until were done preloading our own vehicles, printed our maps/ manifest / turn-by-turns & is ready to go on the road... Its a morning workout for me so i dont get my uniform soiled while doing a preloaders job for free.
I don't know why drivers do this. We're not paying you for it, and unless your contractor is then you're just providing unpaid labor. God forbid you get injured in the process.

Bounty

I don't know why drivers do this. We're not paying you for it, and unless your contractor is then you're just providing unpaid labor. God forbid you get injured in the process.
The package handlers are told to leave before sort is done, so if you ever want to get out of the terminal you are forced to help.

CJinx

The package handlers are told to leave before sort is done, so if you ever want to get out of the terminal you are forced to help.
I know what the game is. From a sort manager's perspective, it's great. Your contractor fellowship needs to do something about that.

Cactus

I know what the game is. From a sort manager's perspective, it's great. Your contractor fellowship needs to do something about that.
It only strengthens the argument that the contractors do not own their own businesses. FedEx is running the show, plain and simple. What a BS operation that is.