Today

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Jul 3, 2015.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

You'll want to work July 3rd they said....It will be light and easy money they said...lol
    Three routes combined into one and 50% more stops than yesterday. Will be kicking them in the wallet tonight. Leave the lights on for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I got a bridge for sale...Interested? Lol.

3. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I cut the grass today. Only one yard my own. I don't feel your pain. Next year try and get this week off. It always sucks. Bad

4. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

no one filled out a closure sheet for this route so my day has been wasted driving boxes around

5. werenotthepostoffice

werenotthepostoffice deep down inside I really do not care

The bid driver burned you!

6. stoliohranj

stoliohranj Member

Exact same here man. Luckily I was close to the center and dropped off half of a truckload of closed at midday.

7. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

[​IMG]

8. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

I signed up for hours only.

Routes combined.

9+ hours of work :(

9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I always take all 12 of them. But I only worked 8 for once.

10. Ecw21411

Ecw21411 Active Member

Worked 11 worst day of the week

11. 9.5 today in the blind. Crappy day, but I'm home and won't have to think about it till Monday

12. browner89

browner89 Active Member

Every PC in my center was back before the local sort even started, never saw that before.

13. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

I was done at 2:00 with 129 stops. I had 5 letter boxes that get picked up at 5:15 and 5:30. So I sent a message in asking if they could find someone to pick them up. An hour and a half later while eating lunch at Friendly they came out of my board. I punch out out at 4:20 and got my guaranteed 8.

This week I got about 3 hr of guaranteed pay, 5.5 hr's of OT, .66 hrs of bonus pay at OT rate for working more than 10 hrs 2 days plus 8 hours Holiday pay.

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Well at least it will be a good check next week.

15. laffter

laffter Active Member

Today wasn't bad. One of my drivers showed up and pulled off about ~50+ pieces for various businesses she knew were going to be closed. It really looked like it was going to be a relatively reasonable day for many drivers. Monday's start time is two hours earlier than normal, so I'm sure everybody is in for a real treat.

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I asked to be off and instead they had me come and run my route and half of another. Meanwhile there were cover drivers sitting at home not working. #logistics

17. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Our center management team told us at the beginning of the week that this would be a long two weeks. But we already knew that. I'm so glad I'm on the 9.5 list. :)

18. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

In the southern supplement, that would be a fileable offense.

19. jaker

jaker trolling

Sorry , I thought ahead and put in a 8hr request so I had a good day

20. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

It was over 9.5 for almost everyone in my center today. Over 10 for many. I punched just under 10. Some centers are well planned, others not so much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List