Today's pcm... Heat Risk

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would have to find a bathroom at least once an hour if I drank all of that.
A lot of it depends on how much you sweat. When I was a loader in the summer, I could easily drink a half gallon of water and 2 quarts of Gatorade and change into a dry t-shirt twice in a 5 hour shift. A guy working just as hard next to me might have barely broken a sweat and drank a third of what I did.

watdaflock?

Doubt it. A few bucks more an hour doesn't teach this generation what a work ethic is. They keep hiring these kids...they look 16, move like they're underwater with this hapless expression on their faces like "Dad made me take this stupid job....I would rather be out chasing Pokemon...".

But I agree with you....understaffing for the last few months is the worst I've seen in years. I got more preload OT this summer peak than I've ever gotten since I started....without even going out as a helper.
Approximately how many routes does your hub handle? Just curious how large your customer center is, our small hub very rarely goes into OT during the summer.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, I see Lemon and lime in that pic. Is that a cinnamon stick in there also?

No cinnamon or sugar, thats a lemon slice side view. Usually, I drink mostly iced water all day, the lemon is a treat. Those green things are cucumber slices, I haven't tried limes yet.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Anyone else out there that holds ice against the back of their neck for a long as they can stand it?

Standing in the beer cave at the truck for 2-3 minutes is mah-velous.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Only 100 stops left!

R6qqYK.gif

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Wonder if anyone has died from heat related issues,, ? digging for packages due to Orion and the year long peak loads is a bad combo
A driver died in Winston-Salem NC last summer. She was found on the side of the road about 25 feet from her package car. But that was last summer, I know, old news. Wasn't hot last year. Please.