Today's pcm... Heat Risk

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Did you know that 40% of heat related incidents at ups are happening in the southeast? It is extremely important that each of you stay hydrated. Furthermore we have found that most heat related incidents happen after a vacation or a long weekend.

It is extremely important that you are careful to stay hydrated and even be aware of and lower your alcohol intake as the time approaches for you return to work.

As I stood in and listened I thought to myself, " hey that's pretty good advice." Then I thought, " what kind of b.s. is this fool talking about?" Does this supe seriously think that it is his job to manage my time off as well as my time at work? The simple fact is that it's freaking hot outside and it's much HOTTER! in the back of the package car. With the increased workloads that we are all facing it is no wonder that people are falling out. However it's still our fault because we are a bunch of drunks?!

Come on ups, how about some serious thought and effort to actually provide real relief instead of continuing to point fingers at those of us working in those hot boxes. Ups, you can do better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The job needs to get done whether it is -20 or 100.

Hydrating does not start at your first stop. You need to be well hydrated before you punch in and need to replenish throughout the day.

Alcohol intake should be reduced during hot weather.

Our center buys us a case of water each per week during the summer. I bring mine home and put it right in the fridge. I take 4 bottles to work each day and will buy a Pepsi at our local marina.

Yes, it is hot.

Yes, it would be nice if they would lighten our dispatches.

Not gonna happen.

The job needs to get done whether it is -20 or 100.

Hydrating does not start at your first stop. You need to be well hydrated before you punch in and need to replenish throughout the day.

Alcohol intake should be reduced during hot weather.

Our center buys us a case of water each per week during the summer. I bring mine home and put it right in the fridge. I take 4 bottles to work each day and will buy a Pepsi at our local marina.

Yes, it is hot.

Yes, it would be nice if they would lighten our dispatches.

Not gonna happen.
They can shove that $3 case of water up there ass
I will work slow and stay hydrated at $51 an hour.

Safety my left nut.
It's a big flocking joke.