Today's Pickup FUBAR

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey, what an excellent job today on screwing up pickups today. I hope you all went on 13/14 for the afternoon. Lots of happy customers.

vantexan

Hey, what an excellent job today on screwing up pickups today. I hope you all went on 13/14 for the afternoon. Lots of happy customers.

Had an oncall yesterday at a resort in Georgia. Went to front desk and clerk had no clue. Contact name was Hotel Guest. So I called number on oncall and left msg. Lady from New Jersey calls me today. Turns out she stayed at that resort 18 months ago and did have an oncall then. But definitely no oncall yesterday. Weird!

hypo hanna

That's part of the problem but most of the time it goes back to the offshore call ctrs. Particularly El Salvador and Chihuahua. They grab the first file that pops up and are too lazy or too embarrassed by their crappy english to confirm contact info etc.
some addresses could have dozens of outdated files and some account numbers have up to 100 addresses. If the call center peon doesn't get the correct info, it's a mess for everyone down the line. When I was a dispatcher fixing this was a major part of my day. But hey, think of the money We save.

El Morado Diablo

That's part of the problem but most of the time it goes back to the offshore call ctrs. Particularly El Salvador and Chihuahua. They grab the first file that pops up and are too lazy or too embarrassed by their crappy english to confirm contact info etc.
some addresses could have dozens of outdated files and some account numbers have up to 100 addresses. If the call center peon doesn't get the correct info, it's a mess for everyone down the line. When I was a dispatcher fixing this was a major part of my day. But hey, think of the money We save.

I've dealt with this numerous times at our county office complex. The county doesn't have a mailroom so you have to make deliveries to each department. Each department has it's own account. So the files are Xxxxx County Xxxxx Dept. I've had pickups that said the customer was the Auditor's Office, the contact name was someone in the Superior Court Clerk's office and the pick-up location notes said the package was in the Commissioner's Office. Three pieces of information and none of them match. Talk about a wild goose chase. I've given up trying to get dispatch to fix the files. I simply follow the prompts for no package and leave.

hypo hanna

I've dealt with this numerous times at our county office complex. The county doesn't have a mailroom so you have to make deliveries to each department. Each department has it's own account. So the files are Xxxxx County Xxxxx Dept. I've had pickups that said the customer was the Auditor's Office, the contact name was someone in the Superior Court Clerk's office and the pick-up location notes said the package was in the Commissioner's Office. Three pieces of information and none of them match. Talk about a wild goose chase. I've given up trying to get dispatch to fix the files. I simply follow the prompts for no package and leave.
Dispatch can't always fix the files. We can update with any new info that the driver sends us but there could be hundreds of files at that address. Some could go back 20 years. Since dispatchers don't have the authority to delete the ones that are out of date, there really isn't much they can do. Add in the ones that are scheduled by the customer with on line programs. Their computers cache the basic info. If they don't update it when say they move, you will be sent to the old address. In the effort to give the customers options, our marketing dept has created a cluster with over a dozen ways to book a pickup.

Goldilocks

One of the drivers at my station received a misdel pup today, when he went by the home it was UPS misdel not a Fedex misdel. Whats up with that?

hypo hanna

They are supposed to but things have really gone downhill when we moved those jobs offshore. They can't handle it and the ones left here are as bitter as the rest of us.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They are supposed to but things have really gone downhill when we moved those jobs offshore. They can't handle it and the ones left here are as bitter as the rest of us.
Another poor move from upper management and blessed by our bloated, past-his-prime CEO Smith. I'm sure Fred has **** on most call center employees too. He loves that sorta' thing.