Too many crazy people?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Sounds just like the behavior of a center manager near us, but could be anywhere. I don't see the need for further details. Point is, this behavior is tolerated at all. Call it craziness if you will. IMO some "successful" sups will do whatever it takes to get what they want, and can end up looking pretty mad. Operations in this company involves a lot of absurdity.

On the flip side of that, I believe that many hourly employees were maltreated in the past. If one grows and tries to thrive in an abusive environment it makes sense that he would choose to work in a punishing environment.

Madness is inherent in the world. It's definition and tolerance can be pretty personal. IMO a lotta folks' conception of normal is goofy.

rocket man

maybe its just me or just in my building but there seems to be a lot of really crazy people working for ups,does anyone else feel this way?but i dont mean crazy like kinda funny but people that are really mentally warped and possibly dangerous.i can think of at least 5 right off hand in my building.does anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE Thats intresting I think yea it could be. maybe maybe not aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Integrity

Binge Poster
that's some strong words I, now you're beginning to piss me off. If you believe for one minute that I sit back and take this behavior from him without a peep you're mistaken, have a sit down with the DM scheduled first thing Monday AM. But I'm confident this behavoir will continue after he gets another slap on the wrist.
benbrownlongtime,

I did not mean to anger you, for that I am truly sorry. Please forgive me.

I must have misread your earlier post. I honestly didn't know you were taking action, but I am very glad that you are.

I still an not sure what he did so please I hope my question doesn't appear harsh.

UPS has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to a hostile work environment.

Is this person violating this policy by these rants?

Who is going to be in this meeting on Monday, just you and the DM?

Have you had meetings like this in the past?

How effective have they been? Your statement about the slap on the wrist tells me you are not hopeful that your meeting is going to be effective.

Have you considered or will you consider a different approach?

Again, I am so sorry for making you angry!

Sincerely,
I

brownelf

yes, myself and others felt the center manager went over the line
just me
yes, we've sat down a few times before
the effectiveness of the discussions have varied as would be expected
always willing to try a different approach
Not angry, life's to short for that.
Have a good weekend I, the sun just came out and the mrs and I are heading out.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You want to see crazy or nutty !!! Talk to a shifter who works 12 hour nights going in circles for the past 10 to 20 yrs !! These guys tend to listen to Coast to Coast and believe that crap !! Over and Cachsux wil agree and probaly know a few !! LOL LOL LOL