Took time off for child birth - lost insurance

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Used to be this company cared about us.

Things change.
Well here's the thing in my local all of your health and welfar money is paid after 1 monthly punch.

It's common sense that if teamcare is getting money for my insurance I should be covered.

Over a year later they are still debating what to do with 688

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Just as I said . Took two weeks off for my daughters birth . I asked before hand if it would effect anything and was told no by my full time sup as well as my manager . Then got letters in the mail saying that my insurance had been cancelled . So I realize that labor and delivery isn't cheap ! Apparently you can't take layoffs and keep insurance which I did not know about and as not told about . They are working to fix this I'm told so we shall see or else those first few months of rtd driving will not make a huge difference in my bank account .
Next time, talk with your shop steward BEFORE you take any time off.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well here's the thing in my local all of your health and welfar money is paid after 1 monthly punch.

It's common sense that if teamcare is getting money for my insurance I should be covered.

Over a year later they are still debating what to do with 688

Problem is that the weeks you don't have 1 punch Teamcare is not getting money.

UPS pays weekly and does not send Teamcare a payment for the week when you have no compensated time.

Except for disability and FMLA.

Brownslave688

UPS pays weekly and does not send Teamcare a payment for the week when you have no compensated time.

NOT IN LOCAL 688

I work 1 day a month and ups pays ALL health and welfar for the month. Only local in the country it's like that. They are getting money for me. That's the point.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please show me any other company where non-salaried employees receive their full healthcare benefits for the month even though they only worked one day in that month.

Indecisi0n

Agree with this.

Most people don't realize that it was really the drivers that put us where we are. Drivers were going home everyday and could careless because they knew the pension payment was there and they had insurance. What other incentive did they have to come to work?Now those same lazy guys are "forced" to work at least one day a week. If they don't want/ can't do the job then move on and give it to someone who can.

I agree the way they went about it is a little harsh (dropping coverage) but something had to be done.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
NOT IN LOCAL 688

I work 1 day a month and ups pays ALL health and welfar for the month. Only local in the country it's like that. They are getting money for me. That's the point.

You are the exception. But this is the way it should be everywhere.

The rest of us have to work 1 day a week or no Teamcare payment from UPS and no insurance for us.

Brownslave688

You are the exception. But this is the way it should be everywhere.

The rest of us have to work 1 day a week or no Teamcare payment from UPS and no insurance for us.
Yes I know we are the exception. All I'm saying is our local is still arguing over weather ours should be 1 day a month.

It should be because that's all we have to work to get our money paid in.

I totally get the 1 day a week for everyone else.

Brownslave688

Please show me any other company where non-salaried employees receive their full healthcare benefits for the month even though they only worked one day in that month.
I can't even show you another local. But it's a perk of our local.

The only argument is the union is getting the money from ups. Therefore we should be covered.