Tool talk

rod

Retired 22 years
I have probably every tool I will ever need X 10 -------except for a power washer. I think tomorrow I will go buy one. Any suggestions? Costco has one that has a Honda motor and puts out up to 3000 psi . It comes with 4 different tips and 30 ft' of hose---- $299.00. I'm kind of leaning toward that one.

I have probably every tool I will ever need X 10 -------except for a power washer. I think tomorrow I will go buy one. Any suggestions? Costco has one that has a Honda motor and puts out up to 3000 psi . It comes with 4 different tips and 30 ft' of hose---- $299.00. I'm kind of leaning toward that one.

I have a Troy-Built that's been going strong for years. I agree, Honda motors seem to be a worthy option.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I really like to buy my tools made in the U.S.A. But I need a complete set to keep in the truck and take to the off road park and such. Can't really beat this set. Dewalt 204 piece mechanics set. All 6 point sockets. The only thing that could even remotely be considered filler would be the hex keys.
Where are they made?

oldngray

nowhere special
genius-or-stupid-16.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have a Troy-Built that's been going strong for years. I agree, Honda motors seem to be a worthy option.

Just be sure to store it someplace warm in the winter.

Indecisi0n

friend

I really like to buy my tools made in the U.S.A. But I need a complete set to keep in the truck and take to the off road park and such. Can't really beat this set. Dewalt 204 piece mechanics set. All 6 point sockets. The only thing that could even remotely be considered filler would be the hex keys.
filler? I been looking for a good hex socket set for a while now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
By filler I meant hex keys and bit drivers and such are often thought of "filler" to make up the number of pieces in a mechanics set so people fill like they are getting more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Usually that's where you see the screwdrivers and such.
Yep that's what I loved about this set. Not paying more for stuff I'll never use. Plus I don't need 6 and 12 point in every size which a lot of manufactures do also to up the piece count.

rod

Retired 22 years
They need to be flushed with rv anti-freeze and they're ok for storage in the cold.

As of now I have to winterize outside faucets, lawn sprinkler system, hoses and my camper so one more thing won't matter. The only time I've ever had anything freeze up was last winter when I had filled the window washer reservoir on my pickup with window wash that was only good to 32 degrees above. I honestly didn't know they made it that weak. All I've ever seen in Minnesota was stuff that was good to from -20 to -30 below. Whoever ordered the crap that froze at 32 above (that's nothing but colored water) should be shot.