Tool talk

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not enough amperage. When you bump it up give it a little more wire speed to compensate.

I was trained to listen for the "sizzle of the steak" when the settings were right.
Bacon frying is what my buddy told me. Pretty much the same.

My next purchase is an auto darkening helmet. Those are the :censored2:.

rod

Retired 22 years
Beta was better....IMO

I came real close to picking Beta over VHS but I went with VHS because the little electronics shop I delivered to only had VHS VCR's in stock. I paid close to $600 for my first one---a fortune back then. I was the first person that I knew of in my rather large circle of friends who actually owned one. In the very early days when you went to rent a movie you also rented a VCR to show it on. At least in my hometown that's the way it worked. I still have a couple hundred movies that were taped off of the Direct TV premium channels back in the early years when you could pirate the signal.

And the wife errrrrr I mean upstate questioned if I'd ever use them ;)

For the time it saves to do the job right just once more than pays for those kinds of oddball tools.

On the home front I did some serious online shopping/ebaying this week for a full aftermarket suspension for my Mustang. Sometimes HotWheels just aren't enough.

Brownslave688

For the time it saves to do the job right just once more than pays for those kinds of oddball tools.

On the home front I did some serious online shopping/ebaying this week for a full aftermarket suspension for my Mustang. Sometimes HotWheels just aren't enough.
Nice what year?

By full suspension are we talking front and rear?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I was cleaning some stuff out of my step-dad's house today, and found an old 4-inch Crescent brand adjustable wrench. Pretty little thing. It was kind of strange, because my step-father was never a quality tool kind of guy.

My dad (a refrigeration guy) used to carry the same wrench in his pocket right next to his pocket knife.

Pics? Love to see progress pics.

The only pics at the moment would be of an ever growing stack of boxes in the garage. This will be my vacation project so that I can take my time.

Wife: You got all that stuff off Ebay for a $100?

Me: (Pinochio nose growing) Uh, $99.99 on sale actually. I still have enough left to take you to dinner sweetie.

Brownslave688

The only pics at the moment would be of an ever growing stack of boxes in the garage. This will be my vacation project so that I can take my time.

Wife: You got all that stuff off Ebay for a $100?

Me: (Pinochio nose growing) Uh, $99.99 on sale actually. I still have enough left to take you to dinner sweetie.
I've found it's better to buy then beg for mercy.

Wife: &$($));:/:)&!

Me: the guys said you would be pissed but I said no my wife is way cooler than your wives.

Wife: ok just this once ill let it slide.

Rinse and repeat.

I've found it's better to buy then beg for mercy.

Wife: &$($@@));:/:)&@!

Me: the guys said you would be pissed but I said no my wife is way cooler than your wives.

Wife: ok just this once ill let it slide.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm up to 5 large boxes each having numerous items in each with more boxes arriving on Monday.

I don't tell her what I spent. I just tell her how much I saved over buying a new car.

Brownslave688

I really like to buy my tools made in the U.S.A. But I need a complete set to keep in the truck and take to the off road park and such. Can't really beat this set. Dewalt 204 piece mechanics set. All 6 point sockets. The only thing that could even remotely be considered filler would be the hex keys.