Top rate....

FatherBrown

So I've been driving about 6 months now. Tried searching for this but didn't really find anything but I was under the impression when I get to top rate in 3.5 years I'd be making 33.01/hour, but a steward (who isn't a driver) told me the other day it would be like $36 something when I reach top rate..so is he correct? Does top rate go up every year?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Progression does suck but the light at the end of the tunnel (top rate) makes it all worth while and, yes, top rate goes up each and every year. The jump can be as high as $10/hr.

Notretiredyet

You are entitled to the top rate of pay at the end of your progression, until then you stay at the progression rates. $19.50@1yr/$21@2yr/$25@3yr these are paid at your senority date each yr. After 4yrs you should be at $35.37 until Aug1,2017 when it goes to $36.37.

upschuck

You are entitled to the top rate of pay at the end of your progression, until then you stay at the progression rates. $19.50@1yr/$21@2yr/$25@3yr these are paid at your senority date each yr. After 4yrs you should be at $35.37 until Aug1,2017 when it goes to $36.37.
Almost right, 2017 raise is broken up into August and February.

UPS4Life

Just out of curiosity what part of the country has the highest top rate does anyone know?

The last contract that went through moved our top rate from 3 years to 4 now. But the first 3 years get paid more in the longer progression.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

The Top rate is around the same amount no matter where you work in the US. (Unless you local is one like Upstate that has divert the raises to the pension fund)

Actually my area top rate is a couple of cents higher than Hawaii's.

oldngray

nowhere special
The price of frog legs,Is outrageous there!
41cCWJOjtQL.jpg

upschuck

The Top rate is around the same amount no matter where you work in the US. (Unless you local is one like Upstate that has divert the raises to the pension fund)

Actually my area top rate is a couple of cents higher than Hawaii's.
That is a shame, you can't commute to Hawaii, you've got to live there.