Torn labrum!!!

Johney

This is exactly how I played it, mind you I’m Tuesday-Saturday
Last Friday I worked I was feeling it every single time I pulled the mirror, pain had slowly gotten worse and now it was an all day, every move I make type of thing...so I knew I was screwed. Over the course of that day I made 2 calls: one to my dr to set up an appointment for Monday. The other to work where I spoke with the center manager and told him what was up. “Reporting injury”
Got back to work, filled out lni paperwork with a claim number, called in the next day, on Monday I went to have a face to face with the center manager, took my L and I paperwork to dr...
Nobody’s messed with me whatsoever because I was assertive and told them exactly what I was going to do.
Here you can't see your own Dr. you must see a comp approved Dr. from a Doc in the box usually from the same place we get our DOT physicals from. Did you give a claim # to your Dr. or did you hand them your Teamcare card?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Here you can't see your own Dr. you must see a comp approved Dr. from a Doc in the box usually from the same place we get our DOT physicals from. Did you give a claim # to your Dr. or did you hand them your Teamcare card?
I never had to give them any of my insurance information...however it’s the same building as my primary doc, he just referred me to the orthopedic wing. I took the lni paperwork provided by UPS with a claim number on it...gave me something to bring back to my work which I took a picture of, and his temp referral for physical therapy pending mri had the claim number on it
Physical therapy, completely different place from my doctor, never asked for my insurance, told me that I won’t be paying for anything and that I wouldn’t be there if the claim hadn’t been approved

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What the hell are you babbling about now old man? Retroactively? I filed an injury report through work....I went in, filled out the lni paperwork....THEN went to MY doctor. Everything is through l and I. Already started physical therapy, all my appointments and such are already approved and paid for.
We can only use company doctors.

Johney

I never had to give them any of my insurance information...however it’s the same building as my primary doc, he just referred me to the orthopedic wing. I took the lni paperwork provided by UPS with a claim number on it...gave me something to bring back to my work which I took a picture of, and his temp referral for physical therapy pending mri had the claim number on it
Physical therapy, completely different place from my doctor, never asked for my insurance, told me that I won’t be paying for anything and that I wouldn’t be there if the claim hadn’t been approved
Well things do seem to be working out for you and that's great, all I can say it's not the norm by any means.

quad decade guy

What the hell are you babbling about now old man? Retroactively? I filed an injury report through work....I went in, filled out the lni paperwork....THEN went to MY doctor. Everything is through l and I. Already started physical therapy, all my appointments and such are already approved and paid for.

Well, I did go back and reread about "nothing specific" and "degenerative" "gym" etc. Something about getting a lawyer because it was so cut and dried..but hey, happy injury.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
You need to find a very good orthopedic surgeon. I happened to get lucky and got a very, very good one. He looked at my MRI and said, "This is work-related, no question." My comp advocate said that that doctor had gone to court enough that no one argued with him anymore. The company doctor was going over my case, I was answering questions, got to the part where my doctor said I needed surgery and he asked me to repeat the name. I did. The interview/exam was over. He concurred with my doc and I had surgery on both shoulders.

Follow the PT exactly. It will be powerfully tempting to overdo it. Don't. Overdoing it leads to frozen shoulder, you DO NOT want that. That was the most horrible part. I had to have a crying towel while the PT chick broke up the scar tissue.

When you are getting stronger, ask your PT peeps if they have a work hardening program. You're going to be off for a while and work hardening will make coming back easier.
You've had double shoulder surgery & ride your motorcycle across the country. How is that even possible?