jumpman23

Oh Yeah
lK1uNcW.jpg
Brucilla may need some of that lmfao

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
How's the knee today?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Still doesn't bend as much as I want it to but that will hopefully get better with physical therapy and once they take out the staples. I had some minor bleeding issues which were normal and they have since cleared up. I think I am on schedule for recovery but it is hard work. Thank you for asking.

joeboodog

It's hard to believe but it has been two weeks since my surgery. My new knee feels great. With therapy it is getting better and stronger. Hopefully they will remove the staples today so I really start pushing it. Thanks again for all the support and well wishes.

joeboodog

It's been a month now and I have traded my walker for a cane. Also I have been cleared to drive my personal vehicle and can start working out at Lifeworks. The knee is still sore but it is getting better with time. Strangely, my other knee seems to be more painful than the new one.

Johney

It's been a month now and I have traded my walker for a cane. Also I have been cleared to drive my personal vehicle and can start working out at Lifeworks. The knee is still sore but it is getting better with time. Strangely, my other knee seems to be more painful than the new one.
Possibly because it is taking a bit more weight that you aren't putting on the new knee? Or you gained more weight all together? Be careful of that it comes on quick with these types of surgeries.

joeboodog

Possibly because it is taking a bit more weight that you aren't putting on the new knee? Or you gained more weight all together? Be careful of that it comes on quick with these types of surgeries.
Tell me about it. That is why I can't wait to start a work out regimen. After the first surgery it took almost two weeks to find a pair of long pants that would fit.

brostalss

Synvisc-one is something you want to take a look at. Knee injections to stop the burning and pain. Got both done end of April and they feel great now.

Island

joeboodog how goes the new knee? more and more of my coworkers are complaining about their knees and I keep pointing out that we don't even have very many of the old trucks with the tall steps still in service.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Repetition of the joints is whats causing all the injuries. Imagine you running 5 to 10 miles a day for 10 to 15 years. Guess what eventually something is going to wear out. Same principal to doing this job.

joeboodog

joeboodog how goes the new knee? more and more of my coworkers are complaining about their knees and I keep pointing out that we don't even have very many of the old trucks with the tall steps still in service.
I was thinking of posting an update. The recovery goes on. I should return back to work in two weeks if all goes well. Both of the knees are doing well. The right knee that I had done in August stilll seems to be the more messed up of the two. The left knee that got replaced in March feels great. No pain with just a little stiffness.

This job tears your body apart. Jumpman is correct in that the constant on and off the truck wrecks the knees. Despite what UPS says, using the grab rail does not solve the problem but eases the symptoms. Just try to take care of your knees because when they hurt your whole life seems to be on hold.

In a strange way I am looking forward to returning back to work. I miss my customers and my four legged friends. The long hours have got to go.

Opwan

So you're saying their "3 Points of Contact" may actually make sense?

I would still have to think that there would be nagging doubt in the back of my mind when stepping from the pkg car on to an uneven or slippery surface.
Well back in the old days we didn't have a handrail for 3 points of contact, we had to basically jump in and out off the 2 1/2 ft last step of the package car, then grab hold of a steering wheel not connected to any power assist and we wonder why our bodies are waring out!

Indecisi0n

All the work we do yet guys still cheap out on good shoes. Sorry but a $30 part of Walmart boots don't compare to $150+ name brand boots. Amazing how drivers cheap out on the important stuff.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All the work we do yet guys still cheap out on good shoes. Sorry but a $30 part of Walmart boots don't compare to $150+ name brand boots. Amazing how drivers cheap out on the important stuff.
I didn't get anymore mileage out of my red wings than my favorite $40 pair of Walmart boots I've worn for years...so personally I can't justify the cost. Speaking of knees...looks like I'll be taking 2 months off in the fall to get mine fixed...finally. I'm oddly looking forward to it...that says a lot about our jobs...lol.