Traffic Law

moreluck

golden ticket member

New Traffic Law 2010 - Ticket cost $754.00
GOOD THING TO KNOW: New Law: If a patrol car is pulled over to the sideof the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stoppedvehicle) or slow down by 20 mph. Every state except Hawaii , Marylandand D.C. has this law. In California , the "Move-over" law became operative on January 1, 2010.
A friend's son got a ticket for this recently. A police car (turned out)it was 2 police cars) was on the side of the road giving a ticket tosomeone else. He slowed down to pass but did not move into the otherlane. The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him aticket. He had never heard of the law. It is a fairly new law thatstates if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you areable, you are to move into the far lane.
The cost of the ticket was $754, with 3 points on your license and amandatory court appearance.Please let everyone you know that drivesabout this new law. It is true, see details at the following webaddress:

http://www.moveoveramerica.com/

__._,_.___

__,_._,___

rod

Retired 22 years
We've had that law for a year or so now. I guess it was passed because some trooper got smucked while making a traffic stop.

bigbrownhen

That law went into effect here as well last year. We have had several accidents where troopers were killed while performing thier duty, it wasn't always a ticket they were writing at the time. The last two I can think of were there to assist motorist after a break down or accident. I don't know what the cost of a ticket here is though. That seems a little steep to me.