Transferring from California to Oregon

SCCEKing

Looking to move to Oregon, around the Corvallis area. How likely is it for me to be able to transfer to a center up there from my current center in California? What's the best way to go about it?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Wtf...I thought it was ok to transfer anywhere as long as they needed drivers...great I'll be stuck in the most expensive part of the country til I'm 93

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Looking to move to Oregon, around the Corvallis area. How likely is it for me to be able to transfer to a center up there from my current center in California? What's the best way to go about it?
every October they put a transfer sheet up in your center. all you have to do is put the name of the building you wanna transfer to. I believe you get 2 choices.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I'm in the same situation as you, but I put Portland. I should have put Hawaii. You'll get transferred eventually, just wait it out.

I doubt I'll go when they call me though

MobileBA

you don't want to transfer to oregon, its expensive too. and will get worse with the new clean energy mandates and increase of the minimum wage to the highest in the nation, always increasing property taxes, shortage of affordable housing the list go on and on

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's extremely difficult. you can put in a request to transfer letter with HR. there has to be a need for drivers but that center must exhaust options to hire from within before they can go to a transfer list or hire from outside.

what they will suggest is that you quit your center and then reapply to the center in OREGON. Don't do that as there is no guarantee that they will hire you.

how many years do you have in? could you afford to start over?

the language is in your contract book.

McGee

I'm in the same situation as you, but I put Portland. I should have put Hawaii. You'll get transferred eventually, just wait it out.

I doubt I'll go when they call me though
Hawaii IS hiring cover drivers... according to the jobs website, just in case you were wondering...
Check out the site, there are ft ( most likely off the street) jobs) available IF you were off the street, not sure how that works if you tried to transfer...

Brownsville, Texas is another one that I remember off the top of my head.

Hope it helps.