Transferring Question

I know this question comes up a lot on here but I havent really gotten a definitive answer. I'm moving about a half hour from where I currently live and there is a hub ten minutes from my new place. My current hub would be 45 minutes away. Id much rather drive ten minutes than 45 and put less miles in my vehicle. Am i able to transfer to the closer hub with minimal side effects? Ive only been with UPS about two months.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At this point it would be easier for all involved if you were to quit and then get rehired at the new facility. Ask your HR to call the HR there to see if they are hiring.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I know this question comes up a lot on here but I havent really gotten a definitive answer. I'm moving about a half hour from where I currently live and there is a hub ten minutes from my new place. My current hub would be 45 minutes away. Id much rather drive ten minutes than 45 and put less miles in my vehicle. Am i able to transfer to the closer hub with minimal side effects? Ive only been with UPS about two months.

Regardless of what Dave says, some locals allow transfers between buildings in the same local. Even if your local allows it, you may be too new to make the jump.

Unless, of course, the closer building needs people.

Go find a steward Monday and ask.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Regardless of what Dave says, some locals allow transfers between buildings in the same local. Even if your local allows it, you may be too new to make the jump.

Unless, of course, the closer building needs people.

Go find a steward Monday and ask.
What he said. Let us know what happens.

WorknLateHuh

Our local allows it. We can transfer every 2 years guaranteed during the bi-annual bid based on seniority. If it's a pressing family "hardship" the timetable is flexible if approved by the BA and CMs.

I was able to transfer this way and it worked out well. I hope your steward gives you good news!

barnyard

KTM rider
Transfers are not allowed in my area unless it benefits a hub. We have had people transfer from my building, to the hub and not use the educational transfer. The hub really needs people all the time.