Transfers and moving

• Thread starter Deleted member 86838
  • Start date

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
My husband works for UPS as a driver. We desperately want to move to South Carolina we’re currently living in Oregon has there been any stories of people moving and being able to stay a driver without starting completely over? We are planning on going to vacation next year there and plan on going into a few different centers to talk to people.
Your husband is seasonal
🧔✊

CoolStoryBro

My husband works for UPS as a driver. We desperately want to move to South Carolina we’re currently living in Oregon has there been any stories of people moving and being able to stay a driver without starting completely over? We are planning on going to vacation next year there and plan on going into a few different centers to talk to people.

This is the monthly wife asking about a transfer because she does not believe her husband.

You cannot transfer from OR to SC. He would have to talk to HR and arrange a quit and rehire. Start over at minimum wage and wait until he has enough part time seniority to become a new driver again. And then wait 4 years to get paid top pay.

trickpony1

Why can't your elderly parents move to Oregon?
Seems like that would be the least stressful and cheapest way to do it.

Hope this helps.

SandSpida

Miranda15, just so your not in total shock, I once was looking to move to beach town in NC. Stopped in to talk to building manager, he told me they haven’t hired a full time driver in 4 years. Making our wages with all our benefits, even after driving for 25-30 years, turnover Is slow and low.

barnyard

KTM rider
Who gets in the way of transferring more, the union or the company? The company has a policy for non union employees to be able to follow a spouse if they get a job that requires relocating. How can we not negotiate something similar into the master?
It is a pension issue. The OP is in Oregon, which has one of the best pension plans in the nation. He wants to transfer to SC. How healthy is their pension plan. How does the union calculate pension benefits for such a transfer??

Miranda15, just so your not in total shock, I once was looking to move to beach town in NC. Stopped in to talk to building manager, he told me they haven’t hired a full time driver in 4 years. Making our wages with all our benefits, even after driving for 25-30 years, turnover Is slow and low.
More than likely if he did get rehired he would more than likely be a 22.4 driver.

Up In Smoke

It is a pension issue. The OP is in Oregon, which has one of the best pension plans in the nation. He wants to transfer to SC. How healthy is their pension plan. How does the union calculate pension benefits for such a transfer??
Sounds like he is not vested yet, so no pension consideration would be made. He has to quit and be rehired, I see no other path.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You can only transfer to another location in the western region. Lots of warm states to the south west.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
He’s in the western supplement. No chance of transferring that far away. Being the pension changes alone, there is no way he will be transferred. Game over.