Triples accident Winnemucca NV one dead and one critical injury.

White Line

There was a bad accident involving a FedEx Ground SLC to RNO triples team truck in Winnemucca on Friday 21st at about 6:45 in the morning, the truck was the only vehicle involved in the accident, the driver passed away at the scene and the co driver who was in the bunk at the time was sent to the hospital with critical injuries, reports state that the driver was merging into a bottle neck work zone then struck some construction barrels, a concrete divider and a forklift that was near the work zone, driver lost control of the truck sending it off the road with the cab of the truck separating from the chassis of the truck from the force of the impact, judging by some of the photos in the news reports it looks like the truck may have jack knifed when it went off the road way and the front trailer basically forced the cab off the chassis, my condolences go out to the families of both these men and I wish all of you here on BC safe days at work in the future so you can go home to your families.

dezguy

Accidents happen and I hope that this is the case in this instance.

Be safe out there people. No job is worth your life and in our profession, getting a package to the customer is certainly not worth risking your life for.

My condolences to the driver and prayers to the occupant on a full recovery.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There was a bad accident involving a FedEx Ground SLC to RNO triples team truck in Winnemucca on Friday 21st at about 6:45 in the morning, the truck was the only vehicle involved in the accident, the driver passed away at the scene and the co driver who was in the bunk at the time was sent to the hospital with critical injuries, reports state that the driver was merging into a bottle neck work zone then struck some construction barrels, a concrete divider and a forklift that was near the work zone, driver lost control of the truck sending it off the road with the cab of the truck separating from the chassis of the truck from the force of the impact, judging by some of the photos in the news reports it looks like the truck may have jack knifed when it went off the road way and the front trailer basically forced the cab off the chassis, my condolences go out to the families of both these men and I wish all of you here on BC safe days at work in the future so you can go home to your families.

Sad. If this had been a FedEx aircraft, there would be a massive response by management and an outpouring of support and emotion. But it's just a couple of truck drivers, right? The same thing happens whenever one of us get killed on-the-job....nothing but the standard card, with the name probably mis-spelled, and some cheap flowers. Since it's Ground, they won't even get that.

For all of those who go out there and bust your ass thinking there is some reward in it, here's an example of the worst kind of "reward" you can ever get...and it isn't worth it. Always be safe, don't take any extra stops, and pull over and nap if you're a line driver when you are tired. FedEx doesn't care about you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wonderful show of class on your part, MFE...

Nope, wonderful show of reality. Front-line employees (other than pilots) are completely expendable at FedEx. They preach safety, yet do the exact opposite by pushing for maximum productivity...all the time. Everyone who gets on here and says RIP or whatever is just pissing in the wind. The families will never see it, and it's just white noise that doesn't address the real issue...the lack of safety at FedEx, especially Ground. In case you haven't noticed, Ground semis crash at an alarming rate, and a lot of Ground line drivers die. I think that sucks, and that it's wrong. The lack of safety and push for productivity kills Express drivers too.

CJinx

You say anyone saying RIP is pissing in the wind, yet you can't even wait for the bodies to grow cold before you piss on them and use them in a negative spin against the company.

You're a jerk.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nope, wonderful show of reality. Front-line employees (other than pilots) are completely expendable at FedEx. They preach safety, yet do the exact opposite by pushing for maximum productivity...all the time. Everyone who gets on here and says RIP or whatever is just pissing in the wind. The families will never see it, and it's just white noise that doesn't address the real issue...the lack of safety at FedEx, especially Ground. In case you haven't noticed, Ground semis crash at an alarming rate, and a lot of Ground line drivers die. I think that sucks, and that it's wrong. The lack of safety and push for productivity kills Express drivers too.

No, it's called a show of respect for a fellow driver who lost his life while on the clock and has nothing to do with FedEx.

I understand you're bitter, and so am I, but there is a time and a place for everything. You are letting your bitterness take over your life. IT'S JUST A JOB!

barnyard

KTM rider
MFE, one can only hope that the family of the deceased driver does not come here and find your drivel. It is 1 thing to disrespect your employer, quite another to pee on the grave of an employee that died at work.

RIP driver. My condolences to the driver's family and I hope the codriver heals well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE, one can only hope that the family of the deceased driver does not come here and find your drivel. It is 1 thing to disrespect your employer, quite another to pee on the grave of an employee that died at work.

RIP driver. My condolences to the driver's family and I hope the codriver heals well.

You know, people get on here all the time and spout RIPs and condolences to family members who don't even know this site exists. In other words, they are meaningless. What would be meaningful would be increased activity aimed at preventing it from happening again. Ground has a horrible safety record, and they need to be called on the carpet for that. I'm not peeing on anyone's grave, but trying to get this company back to a safety culture, one which they have lost.

You disrespect the driver more with your meaningless sentiment. I'd like to see everyone come home from work, every day. That happens when your company is safe and plays by the rules. You know where you can shove it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, it's called a show of respect for a fellow driver who lost his life while on the clock and has nothing to do with FedEx.

I understand you're bitter, and so am I, but there is a time and a place for everything. You are letting your bitterness take over your life. IT'S JUST A JOB!

Nope. It's called prevention, and trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. It isn't "just a job" when your job kills you. I'm sorry this driver lost his life, and I'm sure he would agree that he'd like steps taken to make sure his company operates safely, doesn't push drivers too hard, and has a safety culture.

I've seen too many of these accidents...some of them in-person, as in dragging a body out of a cab. Most of the time, it's fatigue, and when you're pushed to "be there", it's easy to eff-up. Construction zones at night are a real hazard. They're not always set-up properly, and at night, the "light show" effect can be very distracting.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You say anyone saying RIP is pissing in the wind, yet you can't even wait for the bodies to grow cold before you piss on them and use them in a negative spin against the company.

You're a jerk.

Your words, not mine. You have just spun what I said into something I didn't. Maybe you're just dumb.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Two questions to ask yourself:

1. Why is the Ground accident rate so high?

2. Why is it acceptable to have so many employees die in accidents every year?
She really doesn't care as long as she's comfy behind her desk.

You know maybe if Ground and Express would have just used some ounce of prevention with safety protocol (in other words, back off on this productivity crap) perhaps this thread wouldn't even exist. That said, my condolences to this driver's family.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is the Ground accident rate and what is the Express accident rate? Please tell us.

Look it up, or refer to some of my past posts from the FMCSA site. Ground kills a lot of drivers. Google FMCSA and then select "FedEx Ground" as carrier. Or you can dig-up my old posts.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Look it up, or refer to some of my past posts from the FMCSA site. Ground kills a lot of drivers. Google FMCSA and then select "FedEx Ground" as carrier. Or you can dig-up my old posts.

All you had to say was that you didn't know. Actually, you didn't even have to go that far. It's evident :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All you had to say was that you didn't know. Actually, you didn't even have to go that far. It's evident :)

I do know. Ground's accident rate is abysmal. I'm not going to do your work for you again. Refer to my past posts that directly quote the FMCSA site. Ground needs to be investigated and sanctioned for killing so many drivers. Maybe they should just pull their operating authority. Our roads would be a lot safer.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I do know. Ground's accident rate is abysmal. I'm not going to do your work for you again. Refer to my past posts that directly quote the FMCSA site. Ground needs to be investigated and sanctioned for killing so many drivers. Maybe they should just pull their operating authority. Our roads would be a lot safer.

It's ok MF, we know you can't help it :::headpat:::