Trouble brewing in chicago!

ups79

Today was another court date and the judge asked ups what the reitree's that retired after august 1st of 2008 were paying iinto their medical. Ups's response was "they were paying the $50"

from what i have heard the judge replied that you have a problem directed towards ups.

They are scheduled in court again next week.

Tie i have a nice cab over for you, if you need soemwere to stay, my door is open. LOL

So, whats the latest news?

slantnosechevy

UPS is pushing this here in Chicago, a union stronghold, for a reason. If they manage to get a favorable ruling, the rest of the country will fall like dominoes. The sad part about the high cost of medical care is every one needs to lose it for the greedy bast^rds at the top of these companies to lower their prices. As long as there are companies like UPS to fleece, they will keep charging what they do. It has to get bad before it gets better and our members will suffer the most. No easy way out of this or the depression. A tough pill to swallow for guys who've busted their *****es like no other profession and coming from a generation that was taught hard work pays off.

705red

Browncafe Steward
But everyone always blames the union for being to harsh here. I hope you people see why we have to do what we do.

This pension medical controversy came down from Atlanta, not local, so you can bet that if we lose this here this will spread through the rest of the country.

P

pickup

Homer, who once was a shop steward might have a solution:

[video=youtube;0vbI-P6mFbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbI-P6mFbg[/video]

705red

Browncafe Steward
Today was another day in court for this matter. The union asked for an injunction in this matter and the judge has expedited the case and the trial started today.

Ups attempted to say that this increase was negotiated with the old slate during the 2002 negotiations, which did not fly with the judge.

The company admitted that the union had asked them during the 2008 negotiations about any changes to the spd.

The case is being continued until thrursday and expected to be wrapped up with briefs being due next tuesday.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We are still waiting on the judges ruling on this case. However i do have the transcripts from court in an adobe email version for any that would like to read it.

These transcripts show that under the national master agreement that all of the retirees under the nma medical should have gone up. It shows that the increases will be added during the 2013 contract. There is an agreement already in place to raise the deductibles for a contract that has not even been discussed yet?!

Pm me an email address and i will gladly forward you a copy.

tieguy

Banned
This will cost ups millions in refunds, court fees for there side and the union's side. Tomorrow will not be a good day for ups stock! But they did it to themselves!

would have cost them anyway. they should have topped your offer to the judge. Probably got to cute with the payoff numbers.:happy-very: