Trouble brewing in chicago!

705red

Browncafe Steward
The court today ruled in favor of local 705's retirees.
http://www.teamsterslocal705.org/Bastards.pdf
I really hope that everyone here takes the time to read the transcripts of this case. This will show you that ups gave the ibt ups freight on a silver platter and was allowed to buy out of the cs pension plan with a handshake deal already in place for our next contract to raise the retiree medical contribution.

I know some will say that it is to be expected, because of the economy yada yada yada. I disagree! When this was discussed it was in 07 when everything was going well.

If our current leadership is already negotiating concessions during good times years ahead of the next contract, what else will they sell us out on!

Pm me your email if you would like to see more court transcripts where it gets in to details from ups testifying witnesses on how how this was discussed and who discussed this.

I'm not giving these guys another shot at negotiating another contract!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your standard reply, just a slightly different flavor. Only way you'll win with me, others, is to argue points. Ah, to dream...

Anyway, I think polls are silly, so I won't do it, but my bet is if you put up a poll between a strike for the retired UPS workers in Chicago, and a well placed parking-lot-maker, I think you would be surprised.

(and you give me a negative rep too - classy guy)
The reason that you have seen this reply often is because you change your screen name more then people change their drawers!

Your post said that chicago should be nuked because the union fought off a 500% increase in the reitree's medical benefits. Wasnt your last name, but benefits are great? Maybe you should change your name again to I want to pay $500 a month for benefits!

And yes that post deserved negative rep! Now go get a box of kleenex and stop your crying!

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
The reason that you have seen this reply often is because you change your screen name more then people change their drawers!

Your post said that chicago should be nuked because the union fought off a 500% increase in the reitree's medical benefits. Wasnt your last name, but benefits are great? Maybe you should change your name again to I want to pay $500 a month for benefits!

And yes that post deserved negative rep! Now go get a box of kleenex and stop your crying!

Some of you - I will mention no names - takes yourselves a little tooooooo seriously..... Have a nice Easter

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thats because some of us will eventually be drawing a pension and medical! If this was lost who the hell would be able to retire? You need to open your eyes and see the bigger picture. If we as strong as we are here lost this it would have spread immediately like a wild fire!

And dont tell me what kind of EASTER to have!

tieguy

Banned
Thats because some of us will eventually be drawing a pension and medical! If this was lost who the hell would be able to retire? You need to open your eyes and see the bigger picture. If we as strong as we are here lost this it would have spread immediately like a wild fire!

And dont tell me what kind of EASTER to have!

don't tell me what kind of easter to have? Sheesh!!

point I'll always make. Look at the best ups pension plans around and ask yourself why yours is not the same. simply getting one is not the goal you should have. UPS pays too much money and you folks work too hard to be short changed. I've made that point at least a hundred times on this board.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Good to see the retirees not get screwed over for a change. We will all be in their shoes one day, I hope everyone remembers this.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Round one to retirees.

Yesterday local 705 and the retires won again in court. UPS appealed the courts original decision that UPS was in the wrong when it raised the retirees health care from $50 to almost $500 in many cases. Well the appeals court upheld the original ruling again saying that UPS was wrong. Here is a link for you all to read. And if you have not read the original transcripts, I suggest that you do and see that our next contract has already been negotiated partly. There is an agreement that retiree medical will go up in the next contract. Keep this in mind when we vote out the current IBT representation.

http://www.morelaw.com/verdicts/case.asp?n=09-2445%20&%2009-2553&s=IL&d=42771

705red

Browncafe Steward
And here is a copy of the check that UPS sent to local 705 for its attorneys costs. This company can piss away millions to try and steal a dime.

Attachments

• UPS Retiree Settlement check only.pdf
    17.9 KB · Views: 188

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
I heard new trouble for UPS is brewing in Chicago. i heard a bunch of 22.3 arbitrations are going to start and UPS will get their butts handed to them.:happy-very:

local804

Effective June 1
retiree
Single $325.00
Member plus one $425.00
Member plus family $525.00
rates increase 10% each January 1 starting 2012

705red

Browncafe Steward
Effective June 1
retiree
Single $325.00
Member plus one $425.00
Member plus family $525.00
rates increase 10% each January 1 starting 2012

Local, what was it prior to the increase? I dont know many people on fixed income that could afford that!