Tucson Shooting !

Ok that too. Probably pulling out someone's eyeballs manually and pouring drano in the sockets would be bad too.
The whole point is, if someone is determined to kill someone/anyone/everyone in sight, they will find a way to do it. This whacko planned to do this, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. If it had not been for the gun he used, he would have found something else to do the deed.

bbsam

Staff member
The whole point is, if someone is determined to kill someone/anyone/everyone in sight, they will find a way to do it. This whacko planned to do this, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. If it had not been for the gun he used, he would have found something else to do the deed.

I understand the point. I still just think that even with careful planning, bludgeoning or stabbing 6 people to death, leaving another in critical condition, and injuring others is far more difficult in both the beginning of and continuation to it's bloody, gory end than with a gun. Sober made the point that dead is dead. I'm merely think killing in different manners may take an even more deranged mindset.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I'm merely think killing in different manners may take an even more deranged mindset. "

Did you have someone in mind?

I understand the point. I still just think that even with careful planning, bludgeoning or stabbing 6 people to death, leaving another in critical condition, and injuring others is far more difficult in both the beginning of and continuation to it's bloody, gory end than with a gun. Sober made the point that dead is dead. I'm merely think killing in different manners may take an even more deranged mindset.
I apologize, I was just trying to keep it simple so Klein could understand it as well.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yup, I agree with that, and not ashamed of that fact at all !
I belong to about 75% of the population here, that has never, ever fired a gun.
Not in Germany, not in Canada.

We are not the wild west here or in Europe !

Here is what we think of the Arizona's wild west ways :

[video=youtube;N-QM2sSUdDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-QM2sSUdDw[/video]
I could care less what you or your minions think of Arizona's wild west ways.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tomorrow, Obama will be in AZ. to speak. I know he can be eloquent at times, but he's so awkward and unfeeling -sounding when he improvises.

Maybe the snow will block him in D.C.

satellitedriver

Do you believe he could have injured 12 people and killed 6 with a knife, without being confronted ?
Probably not.
He could have done more harm with a Kestrel EV, made in Canada.
If you thought it was high time someone produced an electric vehicle (EV) using that most versatile and environmentally friendly of fibers, hemp, then you can breathe a sigh of relief. Motive Industries Inc. has announced the development of Canada’s first electric vehicle whose body is made from an impact resistant bio-composite material that is made from hemp mats. If it remembers to turn up, the four-passenger car, called the Kestrel, will make its debut during the EV 2010 VÉ Conference and Trade Show in Vancouver in September.
Since the tragic incident happened in a parking lot,

this little piss-ant "earth friendly" Canadian car could have done even more damage.
I will let you google the kinetic energy of 2,000lbs traveling at 55mph driven by a mad man.
The pistol and the car have one thing in common, a human being who is willing to use it to harm others.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Barbara Boxer is already out there wanting guns banned....."she-devil".

That creep in AZ. didn't need a gun to cause that much death & injury.....he could've done worse with a speeding Escalade......are we gonna outlaw cars , huh Mrs. Boxer ???

Babagounj

Strength through joy
where is the logic ?
these pols want to be protected , but they also want to ban guns.
What are their armed guards to carry ?
bows & arrows ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tonight is the memorial service and the president will address the nation. If he gets political about this incident at all, he'll lose big time with the people..

If there is any petty politics displayed or alluded to, he will lose any respect he may have now.

hmmmm, it's starting to sound like the Pima County Sheriff's office had been to Loughner's home more than once over alleged death threats he made toward other individuals. No wonder the good sheriff was trying to blame Palin and the Tea Party.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Is the office of sheriff an elected one ?
I wonder when his next election is ?
According to reports I've heard his mother had some incidents removed from his record, thus when the FBI background check was made it came back clean.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Is the office of sheriff an elected one ?
I wonder when his next election is ?
According to reports I've heard his mother had some incidents removed from his record, thus when the FBI background check was made it came back clean.
It is an elected office and he was just re-elected for the umpteenth time. :happy2: