Tucson Shooting !

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
6 bullets in a chamber does not work, you're mistaking your terms here. Besides, if someone is going to go on a shooting spree and is limited in how many rounds they can have in a clip, magagazine, cylinder etc.. they're probably just going to carry another gun already loaded.
That just shows his lack of intelligence on anything guns.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well, he bought in at Walmart, just a day, or 2, before the shooting. The first Walmart turned him down, so he went to a second one, and got it.
So, maybe in this case it would have helped ? Unless he would have gotten a 20 year old used one somewhere.

And obviosly, he didn't have that "minimal training", because once he tried to change the mag, that's when the hero lady intervened, and grabbed it ! Otherwise he would have had another 40 rounds to go !

So, who's ignorant now, ignoring those facts ?

(a) He bought the weapon at a Sportsmans Warehouse on November 30th, 2010. WalMart does not even sell handguns.
(b) He was using an aftermarket 30 round magazine. So yes, it is a blessing that a brave woman tackled him in the middle of a reload but once again it is your facts which are wrong.

What we are talking about here is a deranged lunatic who formulated a premeditated intent to commit mass murder. Feel-good laws, waiting periods, or arbitrary 10-round limits on magazine capacity are not going to prevent such a person from carrying out an attack that they have planned ahead for. It bears mentioning that Timothy McVeigh murdered 162 people in Oklahoma City "armed" with a rental truck full of diesel fuel and fertilizer. The Columbine High School massacre occured during the time that the so-called "assault weapon ban" was in place and the fact that none of the guns used had high-capacity magazines did not affect the outcome in the slightest. And the Virginia Tech gunman...who was the only armed person
in the "gun free zone" where the murders occured....was able to casually stroll from room to room and reload at his leisure.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is just my opinion folks, but I personally feel it is disrespectful to the victims to post YouTube links of the ramblings of the alleged murderer. That turd doesnt deserve the publicity or the attention.

You are the one that said..."So, who's ignorant now, ignoring those facts ?". Then you proceeded to post incorrect information. All I posted was that your "facts" were incorrect and THAT was my point.

Now what difference does that all make, I heard incorrectly on the news, I admit that now.
But what difference does it make to my point prior ?
31 bullets in the 2nd magazine (big deal, not 40).
Now if you really want to get to the point Sober was making, we can do that.
The 2 men grabbed him when his first mag ran out (big deal - still means he didn't have "minimal training" not to interupt his shooting spree).
Sober didn't say
this shooter had "minimal training" he said someone with "MT" (and I would add practice) could change clips very quickly.
The point being, outlawing the clips is no guarantee that mass killings as this would never happen again.
You sound like the Tea Party rep that was on CNN this morning. She doesn't want any changes to the gun laws either, or magazines.
I don't see changes in the current gun law preventing this type of carnage, so why change them?
She did agree, he shouldn't have been able to purchase the gun, and get a permit to carry it, but her excuse was, that the college he went to didn't report it to police (his behavior) - Like what good would have that done ???? Someone misbehaving at school is suppose to be reported ? - They don't have the time of day for that.
I have not heard nor read anywhere that this guy purchased the weapon or the clips that he used. Have you? or are you just making stuff up again?
As far as reporting his "misbehavior" goes I think they have a common responsibility to report suspicious and potential dangerous actions. TIME? Oh, it's not convenient so I can't be bothered. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming the school for this, just addressing your lunacy.

If anything, your "best Healthcare in the world" is somewhat responsible for this tragedy.
He ofccourse didn't have health insurance (not working, living with parents), and I doubt his parents have healthcare either, since they didn't follow the advice from the college to get him medical attention.
Do you know this to be true or you , once again, making crap up? There could be many reasons why his parents didn;t get him the mental medical help he obviously needed. Why didn't your parents get you the help you needed?

And to brand somneone with being unstable, and mentally a little disordered, - only a Doctor can do that !!!!!
WRONG AGAIN!!!! you make this so easy,lol. It only takes a doctor to confirm.

btw, how to you want to enforce laws, when the federal government is suppose to cut spending, and not raise spending ?
Same with each State being in the red. Who is going to come up with dollars for more police work ?
BTW, if we can't enforce the current laws, how the hell can we enforce new one laws?????

Thanks to Sober for posting the facts about how/when he obtained the gun.

This is just my opinion folks, but I personally feel it is disrespectful to the victims to post YouTube links of the ramblings of the alleged murderer. That turd doesnt deserve the publicity or the attention.
I agree that he doesn't deserve the publicity, but I do think it adds a little clarity as to how deranged he is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard Regan's son being interviewed on TV......when his dad was shot, he said he asked his guard why his father wasn't protected from being shot. The guard's answer was something like....you can't protect anybody from the 'crazies' . I agree. No amount of screening or outlawing of weapons will keep a nut from attaining his sicko goal!!

+10 VERY GOOD POST! I couldn't add rep points so this will have to do.
(a) He bought the weapon at a Sportsmans Warehouse on November 30th, 2010. WalMart does not even sell handguns.
(b) He was using an aftermarket 30 round magazine. So yes, it is a blessing that a brave woman tackled him in the middle of a reload but once again it is your facts which are wrong.

What we are talking about here is a deranged lunatic who formulated a premeditated intent to commit mass murder. Feel-good laws, waiting periods, or arbitrary 10-round limits on magazine capacity are not going to prevent such a person from carrying out an attack that they have planned ahead for. It bears mentioning that Timothy McVeigh murdered 162 people in Oklahoma City "armed" with a rental truck full of diesel fuel and fertilizer. The Columbine High School massacre occured during the time that the so-called "assault weapon ban" was in place and the fact that none of the guns used had high-capacity magazines did not affect the outcome in the slightest. And the Virginia Tech gunman...who was the only armed person
in the "gun free zone" where the murders occured....was able to casually stroll from room to room and reload at his leisure.

I heard Regan's son being interviewed on TV......when his dad was shot, he said he asked his guard why his father wasn't protected from being shot. The guard's answer was something like....you can't protect anybody from the 'crazies' . I agree. No amount of screening or outlawing of weapons will keep a nut from attaining his sicko goal!!
Unfortunate but true. Even if you could magically make all guns and ammo disappear from the earth, the crazies would still find a way.

klein

Für Meno :)
+10 for school kids shooting other classmates ? You guys are different !
What's the law you want ? That kids can buy guns ? That they get taught how to use them in school, too ?

Sure, why not, Hitler sent out armed Hitler Jugend (9-14yrs old) in disperation as a last resort !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Democrats in the Arizona Legislature say they will introduce a bill Tuesday to create a "funeral protection zone" to keep protestors from disrupting the funerals of the victims of the Tucson mass shooting.
The Rev. Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas responded to the shooting by saying, "Thank God for the violent shooter." He vowed to have his band of followers picket at the funerals.
State Sen. Paula Aboud, D-Tucson, said Democrats are asking to waive the rules so the bill can be debated and passed in one day, in time for funerals that will begin this week.
trans.gif

The bill is patterned after an Ohio law that establishes a 300-foot protection zone around a funeral location for one hour before and one hour after the event.
"They want to protest at the gravesite of a 9-year-old girl, and we want to stop him," Aboud said.
In addition, the Republican and Democratic parties in Pima County are urging people to help form a human barricade along the funeral routes to protect the victims' families from Phelps and his small band of vocal protestors.

Why did it take them so long to do something about it? I guess when its our troops its not as important...

Hopefully something will get passed to stop these idiots.

klein

That just shows his lack of intelligence on anything guns.

Yup, I agree with that, and not ashamed of that fact at all !
I belong to about 75% of the population here, that has never, ever fired a gun.
Not in Germany, not in Canada.

We are not the wild west here or in Europe !

Here is what we think of the Arizona's wild west ways :

[video=youtube;N-QM2sSUdDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-QM2sSUdDw[/video]

Lue C Fur

Evil member
What's the law you want ? That kids can buy guns ? That they get taught how to use them in school, too ?

Sure, why not, Hitler sent out armed Hitler Jugend (9-14yrs old) in disperation as a last resort !

Klein...you need to get some help. Just put down the bottle and check in to AA...take the first step and get a sponsor. Go here to find more info:

http://www.edmontonaa.org/

Where do you get the idea anyone here has supported kids buying guns? Where do you get the idea that kids are taught to use guns in school?

Your short rant about hitler just shows you are getting your ass handed to you and and you are resorting to making crap up.

Debating with you is like dueling with an unarmed man.

wkmac

We are not the wild west here or in Europe !

Neither are we if you knew some actual history and facts!

The biggest perp of violence is one you often and blindly advocate and pledge alliegence too!

Speaking of your precious Europe, you'd do well to read and know your own history and the massive amounts of violence from State to Religion that took place across the years that would make even the fake Hollywood, Dime Store Novel west look like a bunch of Sunday School Blue Hairs!

Just compare the actions of Europeans at a soccer match to Americans attending a football game. I'll leave it there!

brett636

Hitler also disarmed the Jews right before he began rounding them up for the concentration camps. Gee, I wonder why that was,

In regards to your earlier comments about magazine limits, keep in mind that with a little practice a person can reload any weapon in less time than it takes you to reach down and crack open that next beer. It does nothing to stop a determined person.

klein

Neither are we if you knew some actual history and facts!

The biggest perp of violence is one you often and blindly advocate and pledge alliegence too!

Speaking of your precious Europe, you'd do well to read and know your own history and the massive amounts of violence from State to Religion that took place across the years that would make even the fake Hollywood, Dime Store Novel west look like a bunch of Sunday School Blue Hairs!

Just compare the actions of Europeans at a soccer match to Americans attending a football game. I'll leave it there!

I hope you realized those statitics are only for murders (and not just gun related murders) !
Why don't you give me a link to Europe or Canada for gun related murders compared to the US ?

Soccer, tell me a story where they actually shot eachother ?
I travelled all over Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France to watch soccer matches. I never had a problem (never did go to England though).
Plus you need to remember, soccer is the biggest sport in the world ! It really does mean a lot to Europeans, and South Americans, among other countries.
You can't go anywhere, without talking about it, be it at work, a bar, or just visiting friends. It's topic #1, each and every day.

And your History data (the midevil in Europe), well, guess what... we are all ancestors of them (unless your Native-American) ! - opps or even African American.

Edited add on:
It's also a fact where more poverty exist, or the economy is down, there is more crime.
That's how we measure crime rates here.
The lowest crime rate we had, (in recent history), was when Alberta only had 3.5% unemployment.
Now, it's 5.8%, still looking good.

Last edited:
I hope you realized those statitics are only for murders (and not just gun related murders) !
Why don't you give me a link to Europe or Canada for gun related murders compared to the US ?

Soccer, tell me a story where they actually shot eachother ?
I travelled all over Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France to watch soccer matches. I never had a problem (never did go to England though).
Plus you need to remember, soccer is the biggest sport in the world ! It really does mean a lot to Europeans, and South Americans, among other countries.
You can't go anywhere, without talking about it, be it at work, a bar, or just visiting friends. It's topic #1, each and every day.

And your History data (the midevil in Europe), well, guess what... we are all ancestors of them (unless your Native-American) ! - opps or even African American.
Murders are murder, does the weapon really matter? Do you really believe that stricter gun laws are going to stop people from killing each other?

you've not seen any violence at a soccer match so it doesn't happen? I've seen many news reports of them, I guess they just made them up.

Once again, you try to twist what is posted so you can ignore the point being made. wkmac's post was shooting down your claim to the "Wild West" ideal and did it very well I might add.

The comment about soccer matches vs. American football games was pointing out the level of violence...had nothing to do with guns.

Anything else you want to make up??