Tuesday 08/01/2023

Any idea what to do if your regular shift start at 7 pm and end next day.
Feeders run.
Unity now till is over!!! Teamsters united!!!.
As advised to me:

If your run is still scheduled, report and run it as normal until you hear an official word that we are on strike. At which point you immediately return to your starting point, park your equipment on property so as to avoid any "abandonment" claims, and punch out.

Now, as @MyTripisCut said, you need to get your instruction from your local, not the internet.

542thruNthru

Yeah..no..cant..last time we spoke he said "do as company say" cus the you are fired ...but keep working bs. Now let me read what 97 vet has to said or real ba on the forum
b3a.gif

Any idea what to do if your regular shift start at 7 pm and end next day.
Feeders run.
Unity now till is over!!! Teamsters united!!!.
Ah, now it makes sense.

Commercial Inside Release

Pull over to side of road. Arrange personal transportation. Secure company unit. Chuck keys into river. Ride to nearest beer depot & stock up. Join union brothers on picket line. Make lewd gestures at management. Start planning food order.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
The guys in my shop that work overnights plan to punch out and walk out at midnight if we get word the strike is starting

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Just taking a wild guess here but I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s supposed to do.. it’s a strike!

Maybe it sounds stupid to you but we are in a different union and none of the 18 mechanics we have were here in 97.. our senior guy started one month after the strike. So I had a 9pm start guy ask me if he should come in on the 31st. I told him yes... nobody knows when this thing will start when it happens. As soon as they hear through official teamsters channels that a strike has started they will walk out

Shorts365

I’m not an expert but there’s probably a little wiggle room for folks who are actively on the clock when the strike order comes down. “You didn’t battle roll out of the cab onto the interstate at 60mph at exactly 12:01? SCAB FOR LIFE!”

Brown Down

I’m not an expert but there’s probably a little wiggle room for folks who are actively on the clock when the strike order comes down. “You didn’t battle roll out of the cab onto the interstate at 60mph at exactly 12:01? SCAB FOR LIFE!”
i have anyone on road would return to their start point and park the truck. Not sure how that would work for sleepers as they might be a long way from their homes.

over9five

Staff member
I would take my tractor back to my home terminal. If there's a picket line already, I'll park it on the street, and lock the keys inside.
If there's no line yet, I'll park it in it's usual spot.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Set it on “auto pilot “ (return home mode)… then bail…