Tuesday off ?

UPSGUY72

Got a call on the way to work this morning another one Lay off day. Anyone know how many days in a row they can use the 1 day layoff clause before they have to really lay you off ?

I would rather be laid off and collecting than laid off and not getting anything.

upsman68

I wish they call me to lay off. I would like to have a day off to spend with my kids while they are off Christmas break.

They always tell me when can't lay you off and have a TCD work.

I think I might have to pull the ole call in. :)

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If you have a posted start time and they dont give you the proper notice according to your supplement you are entitled to at least 6hrs show up pay and possibly the 8hr guarantee depending on your local supplement. Get familiar with it.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If you are full time, you should be allowed to bump into 2 part time positions as well when you are properly laid off by seniority order.

UPSGUY72

If you are full time, you should be allowed to bump into 2 part time positions as well when you are properly laid off by seniority order.

Correct however I still have 8 months to make Full rate so I only can bump 1 pt position and collect. I got laid off the last two year right after peak and bump 1 inside position. They have only hire 1 driver after me so I will most likely get layed off again for a couple of months.

Tomorrow I'm going in and telling them that they either need to find me a route each day or lay me off and the driver below me untill they due. I'm not going to play there games anymore I have a family to suport.

tieguy

Banned
the weather you guys got up there have anything to do with the layoffs. Might want to consider all aspects before you decide to go in and flex on the evil empire?

paidover95

maybe you should push to get them to post those 2 article 22.3 jobs up in pittsfied that were not filled this year.plus the feeder job thats going to be available after thursday when NO 1 MAN RETIRES.They say there are not posting it for bid.then you could at least bid the 22.3 job and have consant work,or have some guys below you on the list so your not getting laid off. :-)

UPSGUY72

the weather you guys got up there have anything to do with the layoffs. Might want to consider all aspects before you decide to go in and flex on the evil empire?

Yesterday it did. I don't know about today. Before I do anything I'm going to collect the facts from management and my fellow drivers. Depending I what I find out will determine what I do but I'm at minimum I'm going to tell them they need to find me work everyday.

UPSGUY72

maybe you should push to get them to post those 2 article 22.3 jobs up in pittsfied that were not filled this year.plus the feeder job thats going to be available after thursday when NO 1 MAN RETIRES.They say there are not posting it for bid.then you could at least bid the 22.3 job and have consant work,or have some guys below you on the list so your not getting laid off. :-)

Cookie is retiring finally after 42 years. I see the feeder manager a couple of time a week I'll have to say something to him. I'm on the feeder driver list but I'll never get that job. But it could open a spot in pittsfield for me. They have two air drivers in pittsfield Tom is suppose to retire this year also. I want to get back to the pittsfield building I only live 2 mile from it but got bumped to the springfield building last bid.

There is only one driver below me and he is in springfield the only good thing is that no other driver from the pittsfield area are currently working in springfield so once a spot open I get it.

siredline09

Got a call on the way to work this morning another one Lay off day. Anyone know how many days in a row they can use the 1 day layoff clause before they have to really lay you off ?

I would rather be laid off and collecting than laid off and not getting anything.
now you know how it feels like BRO

siredline09

Correct however I still have 8 months to make Full rate so I only can bump 1 pt position and collect. I got laid off the last two year right after peak and bump 1 inside position. They have only hire 1 driver after me so I will most likely get layed off again for a couple of months.

Tomorrow I'm going in and telling them that they either need to find me a route each day or lay me off and the driver below me untill they due. I'm not going to play there games anymore I have a family to suport.
ahh so ur a rookie lmao and you were trash talking me look at your self hahaha

UPSGUY72

ahh so ur a rookie lmao and you were trash talking me look at your self hahaha

I'll talk all the trash I want becasue I can back it up. I'm still working are you? Monday no one worked and Tuesday was really light becasue of friday no pickups and the snow storm. I worked yesterday, today, and I'm working tomorrow at double time and a half.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll talk all the trash I want because I can back it up. I'm still working are you? Monday no one worked and Tuesday was really light becasue of friday no pickups and the snow storm. I worked yesterday, today, and I'm working tomorrow at double time and a half.

Actually ... don't you get paid 8 hours for New Year's Eve holiday and then 1 1/2 time for the hours worked?

It may be different now or it could be different in your conference.

siredline09

I'll talk all the trash I want becasue I can back it up. I'm still working are you? Monday no one worked and Tuesday was really light becasue of friday no pickups and the snow storm. I worked yesterday, today, and I'm working tomorrow at double time and a half.
by the looks of it YOU STILL DID NOT MAKE TOP RATE!!!! so looks like it wont be long til they touch you buddy !!!!