Uniform Policy for shorts

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All credibility lost when you wear a jacket with shorts. You are dead to me
My entire building would be dead to you. Wearing shorts in the winter with a jacket is how we roll in Oregon. It is common to see drivers, myself included, wearing shorts in below freezing weather. My personal record for wearing shorts to work is 11 degrees.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My entire building would be dead to you. Wearing shorts in the winter with a jacket is how we roll in Oregon. It is common to see drivers, myself included, wearing shorts in below freezing weather. My personal record for wearing shorts to work is 11 degrees.

My rule used to be that I would wear shorts until the snow got deep enough to get in my shoes. Jacket and all.
Until one year it was supposed o start snowing later that night so I told myself I had one more day of shorts and tomorrow we would break out the pants. The storm moved in faster than expected and started snowing before noon. By the time I got to my residential it was already 8 inches and growing. I was still delivering after pickups and we had over 12" and there I was with ice cold feet and high stepping through a foot of snow like I was in high school doing football drills again.

My rule used to be that I would wear shorts until the snow got deep enough to get in my shoes. Jacket and all.
Until one year it was supposed o start snowing later that night so I told myself I had one more day of shorts and tomorrow we would break out the pants. The storm moved in faster than expected and started snowing before noon. By the time I got to my residential it was already 8 inches and growing. I was still delivering after pickups and we had over 12" and there I was with ice cold feet and high stepping through a foot of snow like I was in high school doing football drills again.
I really don't care to wear shorts at work. I just wear them because of the heat

By The Book

This always puzzles me how drivers will go year round in shorts and yet tell their kids to put pants on because it's too cold out.

By The Book

Trust me I use the handrail. Because they want me to but because I don't want to get injured. All the diamond plates are worn out, just like me.
I never had the mechanics put down that stuff to prevent slipping. I always would get stopped in my tracks and felt like I was going to fall or trip. Some guys swear by it.