union letter

hi guys ..the question i have is what does this mean?: "your grievance was discussed with management and the following settlement was rendered:discipline is withdrawn.

it says that i filed a grievance ..but all i did was call my union rep ..

any ideas will be helpful.. it's saturday so i cant call about it till monday ..just wanting some info b4 i do call

thanks..

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
hi guys ..the question i have is what does this mean?: "your grievance was discussed with management and the following settlement was rendered:discipline is withdrawn.

any ideas will be helpful.. it's saturday so i cant call about it till monday ..just wanting some info b4 i do call

thanks..

Maybe the Rep filed for you? Otherwise say nothing. Hope it's a grand

hyena

thanks..
Did you receive a warning letter that you protested? I would assume if so then it's been rescinded.

hyena

Did you receive a warning letter that you protested? I would assume if so then it's been rescinded.

thanks..

You da winner
After reading your post again @rod hit the nail on the head!

thanks..
I called my rep and told her what happen that's all ..this letter today is the only thing I got after calling her ..what happened was I went home for a funeral over a weekend in Feb...I got in a bad wreck was in the hospital for over a month good part of that in a induced coma in icu ..they terminated me during that time ...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They fired you while you were in an induced coma? You didn't think to call in before they put you under?

You were terminated for job abandonment. Your BA filed a grievance on your behalf. The letter that you received states that the termination was reversed, which means that you have your job back. There would be no back pay as you were injured while not on the clock.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think he should receive back pay for the period when he was wrongfully terminated. Granted he wasn't actually on the clock when injured but UPS jumped the gun and deprived him of his livelihood for a period of time. It would teach them heartless bastards a lesson

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They fired you while you were in an induced coma? You didn't think to call in before they put you under?

You were terminated for job abandonment. Your BA filed a grievance on your behalf. The letter that you received states that the termination was reversed, which means that you have your job back. There would be no back pay as you were injured while not on the clock.
Do you understand what an
"Induced coma" is

What a tool

hyena

What did the OP win?

He was wrongfully terminated and once the facts were sorted out the termination was rescinded.
Based on what was posted at that time of Rods and my post, a letter saying the discipline was withdrawn. That would be why he won. Ttku Dan