Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Other Liabilites

I am pleased to hear that a Steward from Elmsford is back working! We have 4 more stewards off the job currently. I hope to see our Executive Board get all our Stewards working soon.

Inthegame

That's how it's been for about 6 years now. That's a hard lock to be a steward. The stewards seemed like big targets with the past administration. A lot of the stewards wernt friendly with the local and they are no longer with the firm.
To be fair...it appears this is crossing administrations and was happening prior to "6 years" ago (case in point, LIAM the pole dancer was fired as a steward under HR).
I ask because where I'm from, UPS knows when they go after stewards, they're in deep doo doo. Our local protects(and educates) stewards big time, but we also have stewards that understand there are limitations to their "power" and responsibilities. L 804 seems to encourage stewards to cross every line they come to. Puzzling.

To be fair...it appears this is crossing administrations and was happening prior to "6 years" ago (case in point, LIAM the pole dancer was fired as a steward under HR).
I ask because where I'm from, UPS knows when they go after stewards, they're in deep doo doo. Our local protects(and educates) stewards big time, but we also have stewards that understand there are limitations to their "power" and responsibilities. L 804 seems to encourage stewards to cross every line they come to. Puzzling.
That's a fair statement Game

Other Liabilites

The pole dancing Steward unfortunately effected himself by demonstrating performance levels while under supervision that he could produce on his own on a few occasions and lost his job in a Arbitration.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The pole dancing Steward unfortunately effected himself by demonstrating performance levels while under supervision that he could produce on his own on a few occasions and lost his job in a Arbitration.
"He lost" his job at arbitration?
I read that arbitration decision, and it was ridiculous.
How some of the facts were permitted into the record was unreal.

I say this while not being a fan of LR.

Other Liabilites

I read that arbitration decision, and it was ridiculous.
How some of the facts were permitted into the record was unreal.

I say this while not being a fan of LR.

That man unlike these stewards! Worked until there arbitration. These men deserve the same! You work until your day in court, not pushed out! Our leadership looks weak when that happens!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Never read it. I'll take your word for it. So who dropped the ball? Any collusion?
The arbitrator sited "overall work record" and referenced exhibits that should have never been considered, in my opinion.
Only being a privy to the arbitration decision, while being unfamiliar to their unique grievance procedure, I am unable to make any indictments as to who "dropped the ball".

To date, and please correct me if I am wrong, this is the only case I know of where the company was successful in discharging a package car driver for "failure to maintain a demonstrated performance", namely SPOHR.

It is my sincere hope that it was a result of poor representation, because if it wasn't, God help us all.
The fact that this decision seems to be an anomaly, supports this assertion.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The arbitrator sited "overall work record" and referenced exhibits that should have never been considered, in my opinion.
Only being a privy to the arbitration decision, while being unfamiliar to their unique grievance procedure, I am unable to make any indictments as to who "dropped the ball".

To date, and please correct me if I am wrong, this is the only case I know of where the company was successful in discharging a package car driver for "failure to maintain a demonstrated performance", namely SPOHR.

It is my sincere hope that it was a result of poor representation, because if it wasn't, God help us all.
I just read it happened to another guy in local 538 in 2014....but there were a couple other bs ups disciplines included and the discharge was upheld

Other Liabilites

The company uses the term Overall Job to dismiss members! They group all infractions together. That's the death sentence to our members of 804! This should never happen! Every mistake is different and should not be brought up together in the office! A Good Steward & BA will always separate issues.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli

LR fought with the union almost as much as he did the company...he was his own worse enemy.