Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

If that's factual, your issue is with your current board for allowing the alleged transgressions. TS and company aren't making decisions anymore.
Big T.s took advantage of a green executive board that I am sure didn't know that they controlled all vacancies.

Brown Spider

Big T.s took advantage of a green executive board that I am sure didn't know that they controlled all vacancies.

This just doesn't make sense. How could the new Executive Board not have known "that they controlled all vacancies" if TS orchestrated the filling of those vacancies through the New Executive Board? Also, Article XI of the 804 Bylaws states that "The Executive Board shall be empowered to remove any steward for incompetence, dishonesty or other just cause." Manipulation of the process by the former Executive Board once they have left office may well be just cause. And what happened to the Stewards who were elected to the positions in May of 2015 and whose terms were to be up in May of 2016? This doesn't make sense at all.

This just doesn't make sense. How could the new Executive Board not have known "that they controlled all vacancies" if TS orchestrated the filling of those vacancies through the New Executive Board? Also, Article XI of the 804 Bylaws states that "The Executive Board shall be empowered to remove any steward for incompetence, dishonesty or other just cause." Manipulation of the process by the former Executive Board once they have left office may well be just cause. And what happened to the Stewards who were elected to the positions in May of 2015 and whose terms were to be up in May of 2016? This doesn't make sense at all.
So what do you think is happening?

Brown Spider

So what do you think is happening?
Not sure. I suppose it's possible that 2 Stewards voluntarily stepped down to create the vacancies, but it would appear to be a sign of weakness on the part of the newly elected Executive Board. Why would they fill those Steward vacancies with someone who is running against them in the delegates election. Doesn't make sense.

Not sure. I suppose it's possible that 2 Stewards voluntarily stepped down to create the vacancies, but it would appear to be a sign of weakness on the part of the newly elected Executive Board. Why would they fill those Steward vacancies with someone who is running against them in the delegates election. Doesn't make sense.
I'm betting there was no steward in that workgroup. Probably not a sizable workgroup and if that's where he came from there was probably never a need for a steward there. He probably looked after that group who me in office. This coupled with an inexperienced new e board and Tim saw way to add to the resume ever so slightly.

Brown Spider

I'm betting there was no steward in that workgroup. Probably not a sizable workgroup and if that's where he came from there was probably never a need for a steward there. He probably looked after that group who me in office. This coupled with an inexperienced new e board and Tim saw way to add to the resume ever so slightly.
All possible...but this e board is not the first to walk into a union hall cold. There was supposedly a transition period. I don't know how cooperative everyone was during that transition but these guys can't spend the next 3 years hanging their hats on their inexperience. Get some help! Reach out to a neighboring local, the Joint Council, your local attorney. They're now looking at a delegates election that, for better or worse, is likely to be a report card on their brief time in office. From most accounts that I've seen, they have not stepped up to the plate yet and time is running out. Getting the job is the easy part. The hard part is performing the job at the level that was promised during their campaign.

Exactly I guess you're used to things being done the right way for the members best interest. But T.s could careless about the members remember he thinks we are clowns and needy.

Exactly! T.s is an opportunist not a hard worker.