Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

image.jpg
Got the shirt?????

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
They can't handle the facts. It's kinda like TDU. TDU doesn't put all the facts out there. It's that classic conspiracy theorist. They are so blinded by what they are so sure if that they can't see the whole picture.
You sound and act like an Internet troll.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They voted for him in 2011, and UPS got out in 2008.
Stop with the facts.
They can't handle the facts. It's kinda like TDU. TDU doesn't put all the facts out there. It's that classic conspiracy theorist. They are so blinded by what they are so sure if that they can't see the whole picture.

As long as we are getting the facts out there, let's get it all out there, all of the facts.
TDU doesn't have exclusive ownership on half truths, the IBT shows them the way in an inverse fashion.
To me, that's why TDU persists into their fifth decade.
Listen to them both and you'll be closer to having both halves of the story.

Poop rolls down hill and some hills are steeper than others.
In this instance, yes Hoffa and Hall negotiated UPS out of Central States for $6+ billion in 2008.
And yes, they were re-elected once since.
This was sold to the entire membership as a measure that would sure up an ailing Red Zone fund.
UPSer's were relieved as they were now covered either way, with a contractual guarantee even if Central States went belly up.
The rest of the union, thought they were getting something for nothing for the first few years, but now they are quickly learning that this wasn't the case.
Instead, they are now seeing the bleak reality that this measure was nothing more than a "band-aid on a stuck pig" and that their pension fund is quickly "bleeding out".
Make no mistake, letting UPS out of the Central States Pension was possibly the single biggest mistake in Teamster history and it was negotiated by Hoffa and Hall.
No newly organized company will ever agree to participate in this pension fund now that UPS withdrew.
With this in mind, I now know that the Central States Pension Fund is a dead end fund and is doomed.
It's not a matter of if, rather when.

Now let's move on to the "secure" UPSer's, who think they are covered either way.
They are now learning that this is only the case, one contract at a time, and that the pension legislation that just passed may give UPS a loophole out of any past and future obligations to any failed multi-employeer fund they previously participated in.
All of this is on the heals of watching their health and welfare being thrust into the same inept hands, against their will.

You know what Leadbelly, I can't handle the facts, because they suck.

I wasn't the one blowing up this thread like my livelihood depended on it.
Believe it or not I personall know about three of the posters in this thread. I've actually talked to them in person. The blowing up of the thread was for a particular member who I know which was also tied to another poster who I've talked to many times. You really weren't involved or even an after thought. You aren't supposed to understand.

As long as we are getting the facts out there, let's get it all out there, all of the facts.
TDU doesn't have exclusive ownership on half truths, the IBT shows them the way in an inverse fashion.

In this instance, yes Hoffa and Hall negotiated UPS out of Central States for $6+ billion in 2008.
This was sold to the entire membership as a measure that would sure up an ailing Red Zone fund.
UPSer's were relieved as they were now covered either way, with a contractual guarantee even if Central States went belly up.
The rest of the union, thought they were getting something for nothing for the first few years, but now they are quickly learning that this wasn't the case.
Instead, they are now seeing the bleak reality that this measure was nothing more than a "band-aid on a stuck pig" and that their pension fund is quickly "bleeding out".
Make no mistake, letting UPS out of the Central States Pension was possibly the single biggest mistake in Teamster history and it was negotiated by Hoffa and Hall.
No newly organized company will ever agree to participate in this pension fund now that UPS withdrew.
With this in mind, I now know that the Central States Pension Fund is a dead end fund and is doomed.

Now let's move on to the "secure" UPSer's, who think they are covered either way.
They are now learning that this is only the case, one contract at a time, and that the pension legislation that just passed may give UPS a loophole out of any past and future obligations to any failed multi-employeer fund they previously participated in.
All of this is on the heals of watching their health and welfare being thrust into the same inept hands, against their will.

Last edited:

Inthegame

...In this instance, yes Hoffa and Hall negotiated UPS out of Central States for $6+ billion in 2008.
Since we're being factual... a bit more accurate statement would be UPS paid their withdrawal liability and Hoffa/Hall didn't order a national strike. This wasn't a Union proposal.
This was sold to the entire membership as a measure that would shore up an ailing Red Zone fund.
Actuarially it put the CS Pension in the Green Zone. Shame on Hoffa/Hall for not being smart enough to predict what the brightest investors on Earth also couldn't predict.
It appears we've now left the "fact" track and have moved to subjective analysis...I don't know anyone who received a CS pension and thought they were getting something for nothing. Please clarify.
Unless they join under the new "hybrid" rules allowing relaxed unfunded and withdrawal liability.
Off the "fact" track again but you're never going to let that go...
FACT-TeamCare is not run by the CS Pension Fund.
Make no mistake, letting UPS out of the Central States Pension was possibly the single biggest mistake in Teamster history...
...and it happened under the watch of Hoffa/Hall.
Now I can agree with that.

upschuck

I find it "funny" that we are basically arguing the same things on the opposite side of the fence, with HC and pension, with slight differences in which we both think our side is correct.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Believe it or not I personall know about three of the posters in this thread. I've actually talked to them in person. The blowing up of the thread was for a particular member who I know which was also tied to another poster who I've talked to many times. You really weren't involved or even an after thought. You aren't supposed to understand.
I get it.

The "OLD GUARD DODGE".

You don't know how things work.
You didn't attend the meetings, so you don't know what's going on.
If you don't trust us, you are anti-union.
TDU sucks, but don't look at our record.

Yep. Seen it before.