Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not everyone can be a famous internet guy like you. You are practically a star with your pic all over the place. Me I'll just keep working hard behind the sceans to be a loyal teamster to the members and make it better for them if I can. Not everyone has a MIT degree like you. If you ever have time could you solve the mystery of JFK??

I just thought it was funny, with what happened last night?
When you posted "**** *** *** ***", it brought me to mind of someone who was unintelligible due to having their mouth full?
I thought you were a big enough person to follow your own advice to 10points and not take it too seriously?
Who taught you that anyway?

As far as JFK, it was Tommy Lee Jones, Joe Pesci and the Russians...I think?

I just thought it was funny, with what happened last night?
When you posted "**** *** *** ***", it brought me to mind of someone who was unintelligible due to having their mouth full?
I thought you were a big enough person to follow your own advice to 10points and not take it too seriously?
Who taught you that anyway?

As far as JFK, it was Tommy Lee Jones, Joe Pesci and the Russians...I think?
Actually I'm sitting here cracking up. Not a mad bone in my body. I'm starting to like this joust. I have to give it to you. You said don't take typed words to seriously because you can't hear the tone of the statement. Everything in this thread I've posted has been pretty funny in my eyes. As far as your joke I use that with My buddies sometimes. I say make sure you come up for air. I'll us your as a show of respect next time.

Irishman Collins

Kreskin and Kojack all rolled into one. Not sure how you know what "they" want, but my only goal is to keep these "factual" posts accurate. Here's an idea... how about you keep your "negative against the present administration" postings fact based (not subjective opinions) and I'll be quiet as a church mouse.
Fact, UPS is out of Central States Pension fund. Fact, UPS is out of healthcare. Why? Fact, because the current administration has the "sinking ship" mentality. They figure as long as the life boat saves the majority of the ship. They have done their jobs. When in fact, they should be trying to save the entire ship from sinking. Sacrifice the lives of the minority for the majority. It makes perfect since if all your thinking about is getting re-elected. I want a Union that keeps the whole ship from sinking and if one drowns we all drown. Isn't that what Unions are about? One for all, all for one!

Fact, UPS is out of Central States Pension fund. Fact, UPS is out of healthcare. Why? Fact, because the current administration has the "sinking ship" mentality. They figure as long as the life boat saves the majority of the ship. They have done their jobs. When in fact, they should be trying to save the entire ship from sinking. Sacrifice the lives of the minority for the majority. It makes perfect since if all your thinking about is getting re-elected. I want a Union that keeps the whole ship from sinking and if one drowns we all drown. Isn't that what Unions are about? One for all, all for one!
The entire landscape of this country has changed. Generations have gone by and not the general public doesn't hold unions in the same regard as you and I. The country as a whole is this sinking ship you speak of. Eventually only a revolution will be the only thing that will bring this country back. Th divide between rich and poor is far to great. The rich have pillaged the poor and now the want our middle class.

Ron Carey lives on

Zuckerman will bring a lot of votes into this slate. I know and respect Tim. He ACTUALLY worked at Ups, a union job. He wasn't a corporate lawyer for Kroger. His first union job wasn't legal council for local 707. If it turns out to be hoffa/hall or hall/O'Brien, Sylvester/Zuckerman has my vote

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The entire landscape of this country has changed. Generations have gone by and not the general public doesn't hold unions in the same regard as you and I. The country as a whole is this sinking ship you speak of. Eventually only a revolution will be the only thing that will bring this country back. Th divide between rich and poor is far to great. The rich have pillaged the poor and now the want our middle class.
All the more reason to fight vigorously to preserve one of the last strong holds and safe havens for the middle American, blue collar worker.
We need to educate and beat back the perceptions you speak of and put unions back in their rightful place in this country's economic infrastructure.

All the more reason to fight vigorously to preserve one of the last strong holds and safe havens for the middle American, blue collar worker.
We need to educate and beat back the perceptions you speak of and put unions back in their rightful place in this country's economic infrastructure.
By striking over healthcare that's better than 95% of America? By getting us locked out over healthcare for part timers that's better than 95% of America?

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
By striking over healthcare that's better than 95% of America? By getting us locked out over healthcare for part timers that's better than 95% of America?
If that means not agreeing to a concessionary contract at a company like UPS, that is at the top of their game recording record profits, then yes, by all means.
At the very least, I would file the necessary paperwork to put the possibility of a strike on the table.
I am not interested in playing my way down to the field, rather maintaining or raising the bar for the collective bargaining unit.
I am glad that 95% of America is chasing us.
It's good for us and it's good for them.

anHOURover

How well did tim do negotiating local 804 contract?
Supposedly local 804 got a deal that everyone else didn't get.... Or at least that's what Tdu claims...
ANY 804 ers out there who want to spill the 100% truth ? Did the "rank and file" negotiating committee pay off or is it just "smoke in mirrors?"

Irishman Collins

A revolution is a bit extreme but I understand your point. I believe we need a revolution to take our Union back from the career politicians and the businessman who currently run our Union. We need a blue collar leader who wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. One who bleed,sweat and cried on the docks or truck. Someone who truly understands the plight of the blue collar working man in this country. Someone who is reminded of their years working for the man every time he bends his knees or arches his back. That would be a true Teamster leader

upschuck

Supposedly local 804 got a deal that everyone else didn't get.... Or at least that's what Tdu claims...
ANY 804 ers out there who want to spill the 100% truth ? Did the "rank and file" negotiating committee pay off or is it just "smoke in mirrors?"
From what I hear, L804 is in Teamcare too. He would have done much better.