Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

5habits100

I get it.

The "OLD GUARD DODGE".

You don't know how things work.
You didn't attend the meetings, so you don't know what's going on.
If you don't trust us, you are anti-union.
TDU sucks, but don't look at our record.

Yep. Seen it before.
Still reaching. You're feeling yourself starting to slip. You can't come up with new material.

It's funny Z was old guard until he was removed from car haul. Didn't get want he wanted as far as a position in the palace with Hoffa so he teamed up with others. Let us not forget the TDUSUX plate.

I know it's a waste of time for me to type this but I feel so much better now.

Thanks

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So this is going to turn into the same pissing contest the contract threads were?

Think I'll stay in the fluff thread.
That's what they want.
It's their goal.

Most of them that are "in the game" are absent or have little to say until it turns negative against the present administration.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Still reaching. You're feeling yourself starting to slip. You can't come up with new material.

It's funny Z was old guard until he was removed from car haul. Didn't get want he wanted as far as a position in the palace with Hoffa so he teamed up with others. Let us not forget the TDUSUX plate.

Thanks
Typical Old Guard tactic. When one member gets in trouble, send in another one to tag team the opposition.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Since we're being factual... a bit more accurate statement would be UPS paid their withdrawal liability and Hoffa/Hall didn't order a national strike. This wasn't a Union proposal.

Doesn't matter who proposed what.
It was accepted by Hoffa and Hall and sold to the membership as a positive.

Actuarially it put the CS Pension in the Green Zone. Shame on Hoffa/Hall for not being smart enough to predict what the brightest investors on Earth also couldn't predict.

A freshman college math student in Actuarial 101 would have been able to see that letting the only "cash cow" (UPS) out of the fund, while the other participating companies were retracting, would spell imminent doom
for the fund.
Pension funds are the original ponzi scheme, predicated on continual participation as well as prudent investment.
So yes, shame on Hoffa/Hall and their "brightest investors".

It appears we've now left the "fact" track and have moved to subjective analysis...I don't know anyone who received a CS pension and thought they were getting something for nothing. Please clarify.

I agree that this is my opinion, but why would any of the members from the other companies balk at the notion of UPS members and the $6+ billion "infusion" bailing out their failing pension fund?
This is how it was sold to the membership, right?
Irony has it that it was actually the opposite, a band-aid on a stuck pig.

Unless they join under the new "hybrid" rules allowing relaxed unfunded and withdrawal liability.

I won't pretend to be familiar with these "new rules", as I drive a package car 50 hours a week.
I try to keep up and consider myself fairly well read, considering.
Since 2008 and this subsequent rule change, how many newly organized Teamsters are presently contributing to the Central States Pension Fund?

Off the "fact" track again but you're never going to let that go...
FACT-TeamCare is not run by the CS Pension Fund.

I know the funds are independent of one another, but are you trying to sell us on the premise that they aren't affiliated?
Are you trying to tell us that TeamCare wasn't conveniently re-branded in 2011, formally known as the Central States Health and Welfare Plan?
Doesn't the contract still refer to it as the "Central States Health and Welfare Plan" in Art. 34?
Are we to believe all of this to be a coincidence?

...and it happened under the watch of Hoffa/Hall.
Now I can agree with that.

...and with this in mind, who should we blame???

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks
That's hilarious. There's another poster with that pic. I saved it and here it is.
I love it.

Inthegame

That's what they want.
It's their goal.

Most of them that are "in the game" are absent or have little to say until it turns negative against the present administration.
Kreskin and Kojack all rolled into one. Not sure how you know what "they" want, but my only goal is to keep these "factual" posts accurate. Here's an idea... how about you keep your "negative against the present administration" postings fact based (not subjective opinions) and I'll be quiet as a church mouse.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Kreskin and Kojack all rolled into one. Not sure how you know what "they" want, but my only goal is to keep these "factual" posts accurate. Here's an idea... how about you keep your "negative against the present administration" postings fact based (not subjective opinions) and I'll be quiet as a church mouse.
You forgot Voltaire?
I think it was Irishman Collins who claimed to be Kreskin?

How about we accept the "fact" that this is an internet forum, where fact and fiction is separated by the reader and that nobody ever asked you to be quiet?

Inthegame

Doesn't matter who proposed what.
It was accepted by Hoffa and Hall and sold to the membership as a positive.
It was for a few months...
A freshman college math student in Actuarial 101 would have been able to see that letting the only "cash cow" (UPS) out of the fund, while the other participating companies were retracting, would spell imminent doom
for the fund.
Pension funds are the original ponzi scheme, predicated on continual participation as well as prudent investment.
So yes, shame on Hoffa/Hall and their "brightest investors".
No that freshman would have run tables with the 7.5% ROI assumption rate and saw the fund being solvent indefinitely. What the freshman and every other actuary and accountant wouldn't have predicted was the largest economic collapse since 1929. But of course you knew better.

I agree that this is my opinion, but why would any of the members from the other companies balk at the notion of UPS members and the $6+ billion "infusion" bailing out their failing pension fund?
This is how it was sold to the membership, right?
Irony has it that it was actually the opposite, a band-aid on a stuck pig.
Still not sure of your point here. Are you suggesting the move was made to "save" the vote for Hoffa from the shrinking freight membership in CS and gamble with the future UPS vote? That's a bit out there.
I won't pretend to be familiar with these "new rules", as I drive a package car 50 hours a week.
I try to keep up and consider myself fairly well read, considering.
Since 2008 and this subsequent rule change, how many newly organized Teamsters are presently contributing to the Central States Pension Fund?
Just know of the offering, not sure how many takers. You'll have to ask an administrator in CS Pension. I read alot also.

I know the funds are independent of one another, but are you trying to sell us on the premise that they aren't affiliated?
Are you trying to tell us that TeamCare wasn't conveniently re-branded in 2011, formally known as the Central States Health and Welfare Plan?
Doesn't the contract still refer to it as the "Central States Health and Welfare Plan" in Art. 34?
Are we to believe all of this to be a coincidence?
The affiliation is they are both Teamster Trust Funds. Completey separate administrations. I didn't say a word about rebranding. Lots of places rebrand (BCBS now Anthem)
...and with this in mind, who should we blame???
Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan

It was for a few months...
No that freshman would have run tables with the 7.5% ROI assumption rate and saw the fund being solvent indefinitely. What the freshman and every other actuary and accountant wouldn't have predicted was the largest economic collapse since 1929. But of course you knew better.

Still not sure of your point here. Are you suggesting the move was made to "save" the vote for Hoffa from the shrinking freight membership in CS and gamble with the future UPS vote? That's a bit out there.
Just know of the offering, not sure how many takers. You'll have to ask an administrator in CS Pension. I read alot also.

The affiliation is they are both Teamster Trust Funds. Completey separate administrations. I didn't say a word about rebranding. Lots of places rebrand (BCBS now Anthem)
Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan

Still trying to talk with your mouth full?
Wipe your chin.
Not everyone can be a famous internet guy like you. You are practically a star with your pic all over the place. Me I'll just keep working hard behind the sceans to be a loyal teamster to the members and make it better for them if I can. Not everyone has a MIT degree like you. If you ever have time could you solve the mystery of JFK??

Oh no, this is where we went down hill last night.
Congrats Cincy fans, what a game.
Maybe he's attracted to me? I don't roll that way. Been happily married to the same great woman for 16 years. Plus I'm still really attracted to her. If he's interested in me that way I'm very flattered but I'll pass.