Union won't let me work for another hub

watdaflock?

You stated your local in another thread and both hubs in that city are the same local.
What? The two hubs in question (where I work and the hub which delivers to me) are not in the same city and are approximately 40 miles apart.

Our local is in Dayton and covers four or five hubs around SW Ohio.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What? The two hubs in question (where I work and the hub which delivers to me) are not in the same city and are approximately 40 miles apart.

Our local is in Dayton and covers four or five hubs around SW Ohio.
If this is simply about the convenience of wanting to leave your car at home and be picked up at your house...they said no, move on. If you really want the extra money...jump at your building.

M

Mike hunt

lol seems so. I mentioned it to our center manager like in August or September but one person (me) asking a jumping questions months beforehand was forgot before he (our center manager) made it back to his office.
That's why you should grieve it. How do you think things get settled. It's not you local stopping this its ups. Those that want to keep hitting the disagee keep doing it. I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike hunt

The title of this thread should've been...My mommy says I'm special, but I can't get what I want. Wah.
If the guy works 40 minutes away and the building is in his local what's the big deal. In my local you can do this. Logistically it makes no sense to not allow it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If the guy works 40 minutes away and the building is in his local what's the big deal. In my local you can do this. Logistically it makes no sense to not allow it.
Because UPS is all about logistics and making sense, right? lol
It's not allowed in my local....we are only allowed to temp work in another building if our own building lays us off for lack of work/volume.

M

Mike hunt

The only time it would be unfair is if he is hired to help over someone in that hub.
Exactly and I guarantee there are a ton of off the street hires works by as helpers. So grieve it and the problem could be possibly solved next year.

M

Mike hunt

Because UPS is all about logistics and making sense, right? lol
It's not allowed in my local....we are only allowed to temp work in another building if our own building lays us off for lack of work/volume.
It's driver helper work. At least half are hired off the street.

UPSGUY72

Exactly and I guarantee there are a ton of off the street hires works by as helpers. So grieve it and the problem could be possibly solved next year.

He is a PT employee unless his he has no right to work in another building in his local period unless it state that in his supplement.

UPSGUY72

His ba would be his best bet. The business agent should be able to clear it up.

There is nothing to clear up. He has no right to be a helper in another building. Most likely has no rights to be a helper in the building he works in they just allow people to help.

The idiots in our Union should take into consideration where employees live.

There are no idiots in the union that have any pull to get a employee a job closer to his place of residence. You can all Hoffa and hall and they will tell you the same thing.

The union has nothing to due with where you or anyone else gets a job at UPS. You applied and accept a PT position in a HUB farther away from you house because there weren't any PT open positions in the building close to your house. You made you bed and now you have to live with it. Your most likely not located in an area covered under the western rider so your stuck in that building until you bid and win a FT position in the building closer to your house.

I driver 52 to and from work each day and there is a UPS building 2 miles from my house. I got bumped out of there 5 years ago because I didn't have enough seniority. Should the union take into consideration that I have to drive 52 miles each way to work instead of only having to drive 2 ??? With your rational thinking they should.