United Way Donations

AndUPSER

If $104 per year is a lot of money you have far bigger issues.

No, $104 is not much to me. Financially I'm in great shape but a lot of people who work part time at UPS are not. The people who just started UPS have nothing besides $10 an hour for the first year. No health benefits, no time off, and no pay raises. They're pretty much on the same level as fast food workers. I'm sure they will love to give away $104 a year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think everyone should get BJs at work.
No, $104 is not much to me. Financially I'm in great shape but a lot of people who work part time at UPS are not. The people who just started UPS have nothing besides $10 an hour for the first year. No health benefits, no time off, and no pay raises. They're pretty much on the same level as fast food workers. I'm sure they will love to give away $104 a year.
It's not a lot of money...but I'd prefer it in my 401k than to give it away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What if they donate to St. Jude or donate time at a soup kitchen instead of giving to United Way? United Way is far from the only charity.

This is true, but I would be willing to bet you that the vast majority who don't support UW do not support any other charity, whether monetarily or otherwise.