United Way Donations

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go to your oms in the building have her do a payroll inquiry and cancel it. I do it every year
100 percent works every time.

So you fill out your pledge sheet knowing full well that you will cancel your payroll withdrawal shortly thereafter?

Just curious, how much do you write off on your taxes? The full amount that you pledged or the actual amount that you donated.

I personally think that what you are doing is much worse than giving a $1 one time donation or just saying no altogether.

TheMethods

So yesturday I was kinda guilted into donating a fraction of my paycheck to United Way. I don't mind donating but id rather donated 1 or 2 dollars a pay check and not what my fulltime wanted me to put. I remeber him saying that I can change it so im curious to where can I change the ammount that I donate out of my paycheck each week?

It's called Corporate Blackmail ... Buster gets all the credit. Find a good cause you believe in and dedicate your money and time. I stopped donating to the drive years ago when the mangers where held accountable to hit certain targets for United Way. Always donate your beliefs and not some corporation targets.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's called Corporate Blackmail ... Buster gets all the credit. Find a good cause you believe in and dedicate your money and time. I stopped donating to the drive years ago when the mangers where held accountable to hit certain targets for United Way. Always donate your beliefs and not some corporation targets.

Give them a buck to get them off your back and then donate as you choose.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why does it have to be money? UPS could sponsor a blood drive or collect food donations for a food pantry. Personally, I'd be more willing to donate either of those things than money.

unnormaldude68

I've been working almost every day during my 40 and just coincidentally right after I tell my center manager I will not donate I haven't worked in a whole week. I have had five days left to make book and freeze period (Oct 15) is coming fast. I wonder if I can file for unemployment. This is some BS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been working almost every day during my 40 and just coincidentally right after I tell my center manager I will not donate I haven't worked in a whole week. I have had five days left to make book and freeze period (Oct 15) is coming fast. I wonder if I can file for unemployment. This is some BS.
It's got nothing to do with UW...welcome to 804...this is the game they love to play. Stick it out and you'll make book the end of January.

unnormaldude68

The OC's and CMs don't realize/or care when we're outside on break with earphones on and they come out to smoke and are talking biz....I can hear you. Who's covering XYZ route today..John Smith? No, Smith has 37 days in...send him home. Let Jones run it.
I guess the silver lining is that I'll get to keep my training route during peak...but :censored2: this company is really screwed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One has nothing to do with the other.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
United Way Donations
tumblr_m2mvm1xL7w1qjwois.jpg

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Don't mind contributing but don't make it a corporate big deal to pump up your popularity meter with anyone above you. Almost every year its 100% participation I think . We don't get brownie points for contributing. There is someone that calls me brownnoser but not for that reason.