United Way Donations

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The point that I am trying to make is that we are fortunate to have jobs that reward our hard work with the wage and pension package that we enjoy and that we should do what we can to help those who are less fortunate.

BTW, my $1,040 donation nets me a $260 credit on my taxes. Just sayin'.

Johney

The point that I am trying to make is that we are fortunate to have jobs that reward our hard work with the wage and pension package that we enjoy and that we should do what we can to help those who are less fortunate.

The point that was made is $104 a year for part-timers may be a lot to them and your comment was if $104 is too much you have other problems. $104 for you or myself isn't likely a problem, but for a p/timer it may be.
Just sayin'.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The point that was made is $104 a year for part-timers may be a lot to them and your comment was if $104 is too much you have other problems. $104 for you or myself isn't likely a problem, but for a p/timer it maybe.
Just sayin'.
No joke. That's an entire shift's pay at ups....I'll donate it to my 401k instead.

AndUPSER

The point that was made is $104 a year for part-timers may be a lot to them and your comment was if $104 is too much you have other problems. $104 for you or myself isn't likely a problem, but for a p/timer it maybe.
Just sayin'.

But wait, I thought all PTers were bums who only work 4 hours a day and spend it all on expensive toys?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I hate when people say that crap "We are fortunate/lucky to have this job" We have this job because we show up and do our jobs everyday. fortune and luck have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it.

I'm on pace to make 80K+ this year, of which $.00 will be headed towards the United Way.

BTW, the $1,040 that you donate nets me a set of blinging rims for my hooptie in the parking lot. Woot Woot!!

Johney

I hate when people say that crap "We are fortunate/lucky to have this job" We have this job because we show up and do our jobs everyday. fortune and luck have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it.

I'm on pace to make 80K+ this year, of which $.00 will be headed towards the United Way.

BTW, the $1,040 that you donate nets me a set of blinging rims for my hooptie in the parking lot. Woot Woot!!
The fortunate one is him with all the shady crap he gets away with.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
The next time I give to the United Way will be the FIRST time since the program started. I don't like being strong armed into giving to anyone, and who I give money to is personal. They didn't even ask me last year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Fortunate? Like we all filled out applications to work here and it's been easy, clean living ever since? I'm grateful to have a well paying job...but I earned it...we all did...we earn it everyday..bustin our humps. Fortunate means lucky...if I were lucky, I'd win Mega Millions! And if I did....UW can gladly have a million of my winnings...once I'm no longer a UPS employee...lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So the only reason you donate to a charity is to ensure they will help you if the need arises?
How can a charity ask employees of a company to donate their hard earned money....only to turn that same employee away when they're in need? That's not a charity that deserves my money. I give to the American Red Cross instead.