UPS; American Dream or evidence of the corrupt hearts of Americans today?

kingOFchester

the shipper has paid to have that pkg. at the delivery point at 1030 hours * nothing there to argue about

And that is not my problem. I am contracted to follow the methods. I have a written agreement with my employer that states how I am to perform my job. If there is a problem with NDA commit times, then UPS needs to address this with their agreements with customers or by addressing this in the 340 methods. So you are suggesting I break the contract in order to give the opportunity for a customer to get a refund? I am suppose to get a warning letter for not following the methods so a customer could apply for a refund? Nope, not this guy.

Nice talking with you, "Brother."

S

serenity now

would like more info. on the 30 sec. block mystery / where is diad dude?

oldngray

nowhere special
I remember when the DIAD flagged the time you hit stop complete. You could be there before 10:30 and spend a couple of minutes trying to find someone to sign, or it could be a multiple package stop that took you minutes to scan everything, and when you hit stop complete it would show as late. Someone eventually grew a brain cell and changed it back to mark the time when scanned (as long as you don't prerecord).

S

serenity now

And that is not my problem. So you are suggesting I break the contract in order to give the opportunity for a customer to get a refund? I am suppose to get a warning letter for not following the methods so a customer could apply for a refund? Nope, not this guy.

Nice talking with you, "Brother."

so by that reasoning, you are under no obligation to deliver any air products on time * nice talking with you also

kingOFchester

so by that reasoning, you are under no obligation to deliver any air products on time * nice talking with you also

Even though you refuse to answer my question time and time again, I will certainly respond to your silly question. I do not see the correlation between me following the methods and the irrational thinking that I do not have any obligation to deliver airs on time.

I am under no obligation to deliver ANY air products on time if it means I have to break methods, drive unsafe or work in a manner that breaks the 5 seeing habits, 10 points, 8 keys and so forth. Of course I am obligated to make every attempt to get air's off on time as long as I am following the methods and not breaking rules/laws. This is why I deliver air's first then grounds if there is ANY chance of having late air's.

Ready to answer my questions??

Will add another question. Should I break the speed limit by just 5 miles an hour in order to get a NDA on time for a customer?

S

serenity now

you should never exceed the speed limit for any reason, hence the word limit

QKRSTKR

On a lighter note, don't you love it when u rush a nda to a stop, then come back later in the day with the ground and the rushed important nda is still sitting there? Unopened.

If I were the business inside the mall that you were delivering to at 10:35, I would be calling for a refund every time. From a consignee standpoint, I don't care what the hell the 340 methods are, and I don't care just because your in the mall and scan it at 10:28 and show up at 10:35 it doesn't show as late. I would be calling complaint for refund every time. I could almost guarantee center manager wouldn't have you keep doing this. (They would have you deliver the other one late :) )

Also, does the Diad record the stop activated time and stop complete time. If a consignee did call in you could have explaining to do that it took you 7-8 minutes to deliver 1 pacakge at one stop. Then they could say your falsifying records, damn the 340 Methods. You knew what you were doing.

Just being hypothetical.

kingOFchester

On a lighter note, don't you love it when u rush a nda to a stop, then come back later in the day with the ground and the rushed important nda is still sitting there? Unopened.

If I were the business inside the mall that you were delivering to at 10:35, I would be calling for a refund every time. From a consignee standpoint, I don't care what the hell the 340 methods are, and I don't care just because your in the mall and scan it at 10:28 and show up at 10:35 it doesn't show as late. I would be calling complaint for refund every time. I could almost guarantee center manager wouldn't have you keep doing this. (They would have you deliver the other one late :) )

Also, does the Diad record the stop activated time and stop complete time. If a consignee did call in you could have explaining to do that it took you 7-8 minutes to deliver 1 pacakge at one stop. Then they could say your falsifying records, damn the 340 Methods. You knew what you were doing.

Just being hypothetical.

You make some good points. Again I will refer you to my post where I stated 1 to 2 minutes. Even that aside, I am still contractually obligated to follow the methods. By following the methods and direction, I can pretty much guarantee that I could fight and win any warning letter that may result from my actions. The problem does not lie on the driver. It as a programing issue that UPS chooses to use that allows an air to be delivered after the 10:30 commit. If UPS has a problem or issue with a consignee over a NDA that arrives to delivery point a minute or two after commit time, UPS has two options. One change the program that stamps the delivery time when scanned, or change the methods that I am contracted to follow. I have seen to many driver fired, written up, suspended and every time it has to do with breaking the contract. I am not willing to break the contract for no one, or for any package. If the methods stated to scan package at delivery point, then I would do so and have the late air. Fact is the methods specifically state to scan package while walking towards delivery point.

When I was presented with this issue I had two options.
1) Ignore the methods and scan once I reach delivery point and have a late NDA. Result would most likely be a warning letter for one or both of the following. Late NDA and not following methods. May have trouble fighting.

2) Follow the methods. If consignee complained, and I was called into office, I would provide center manager with a copy of the methods. If I still got a warning letter or fired I would fight and win.

Again here is the exact wording from the 340 methods:
"Record the package information by scanning the package on the way to the delivery point when it is safe to do so"

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Read the post you are mocking and notice the smile icon.

You should learn sarcasm and notice that we post using full words instead of text.
And some how you know Hoax retired but yet fail to understand that he was far removed from the Service Provider world.

And let me tell you that Hoax can do anything he wants and never needed your help because he has Super Seniority.

Love ya Hoax, AJ

Aj and hoax. As a driver that is the sarcasm us drivers have to deal with every day. In the end management earn their money pushing numbers. That is how they get a bonus. My job is to do what I have to do. But I will not give one ounce more than I have too. Management will not make bonus off me. I'm doing it as they want it done. Their way makes me money. Bonus is made by the drivers whom skip. Lunch /take lunch out of 3rd ánd 5th hr and take shortcuts.

As for the text format i dont sit at a computer all day. Welcome to the new computer age. Come on whats the big deal.
Hoax I'm not in anyway not saying your comments are not always spot on. And correct. And humorous.
AJ I don't know anything about you. But thank you for your opinion

they want it done. Their way makes me money. Bonus is made by DA drivers whom skip lunch take short

ibleedbrown

i believe its 50/50. ups knows what they are doing. they are making extreme profits, to me its a good and a bad thing, its a good thing because we get competitive wages and benefits almost unheard of in the rest of the corporate world. job security is great. on the other hand they keep the majority of their workforce at part time at minimum hours for back breaking labor. the majority of drivers are brainwashed into peeing into cups and skipping lunch, and excessive over time. i read it hear all the time some of you justify this any way you can, but no matter how you cut it, it's wrong.

i am convinced ups can remain competitive while giving part timers more hours, making more full time positions, allowing drivers to take pee breaks and lunch. they might not make record profits year after year but they would raise moral, improve the quality of their service and quality of life of its employees. unfortunately its the extreme culture of greed of todays corporate world that would not allow for the changes i speak of. :knockedout:

i believe its 50/50. ups knows what they are doing. they are making extreme profits, to me its a good and a bad thing, its a good thing because we get competitive wages and benefits almost unheard of in the rest of the corporate world. job security is great. on the other hand they keep the majority of their workforce at part time at minimum hours for back breaking labor. the majority of drivers are brainwashed into peeing into cups and skipping lunch, and excessive over time. i read it hear all the time some of you justify this any way you can, but no matter how you cut it, it's wrong.

i am convinced ups can remain competitive while giving part timers more hours, making more full time positions, allowing drivers to take pee breaks and lunch. they might not make record profits year after year but they would raise moral, improve the quality of their service and quality of life of its employees. unfortunately its the extreme culture of greed of todays corporate world that would not allow for the changes i speak of. :knockedout:
UPS should have never went public. We work for the share holders not the company! UPS needs to go back to a private company! It was always a hard job...but atleast they took care of the customers and the employees back then! Now its profit at whatever expense.