UPS and IBT are in bed together

Sheep DAWG

I'm so sick of hearing people talking about voting the current IBT officers back into office. You would have to be a blind fool not to see that the international has turned a complete blind eye to all of UPS's stepped up harassment, retaliation and just plain work place bullying tactics. Especially in the last 2 years. And before any of you jump to their defense, I'm a 33 year union member, 31 of which are full time driver. I remember what it was like to have strong union representation. Use too management feared you filing a grievance....now they encourage you too. Our local never wins a case at the Atlantic Area Grievance Panel. When is the last time you ever heard of a member getting back pay????? I say it's because all the members who were under Central States Pension Plan,,,,.their business agents also negotiated themselves to be covered under the UPS/IBT plan, ,,,even if they were never employees of UPS.....don't take my word for it, request to see how one sided the wins are at the panel....figures don't lie but liars will figure.

5habits100

I'm so sick of hearing people talking about voting the current IBT officers back into office. You would have to be a blind fool not to see that the international has turned a complete blind eye to all of UPS's stepped up harassment, retaliation and just plain work place bullying tactics. Especially in the last 2 years. And before any of you jump to their defense, I'm a 33 year union member, 31 of which are full time driver. I remember what it was like to have strong union representation. Use too management feared you filing a grievance....now they encourage you too. Our local never wins a case at the Atlantic Area Grievance Panel. When is the last time you ever heard of a member getting back pay????? I say it's because all the members who were under Central States Pension Plan,,,,.their business agents also negotiated themselves to be covered under the UPS/IBT plan, ,,,even if they were never employees of UPS.....don't take my word for it, request to see how one sided the wins are at the panel....figures don't lie but liars will figure.
You are 100% wrong. BA's that didn't work for UPS are not covered.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I can't follow your rant. You say your local is weak yet blame it International?

Sheep DAWG

I think there needs to be some investigations done in the Atlantic Area Grievance Process. There is no way that as soon as UPS and the IBT made the pension deal that all of a sudden 99.9% of grievances started being lost. And the IBT remains silent......at least the IBT use to make empty threats publicly to make it appear they cared.

5habits100

I think there needs to be some investigations done in the Atlantic Area Grievance Process. There is no way that as soon as UPS and the IBT made the pension deal that all of a sudden 99.9% of grievances started being lost. And the IBT remains silent......at least the IBT use to make empty threats publicly to make it appear they cared.
Again with the lies. Your credibility is bad.

Sheep DAWG

There are no paper agreements......sounds like by that request...you know that. Amazing that out of all my comments, you didn't deny the grievances statistics or the back pay.....You can apologize to the members.

upsbrown-2009

I to was told by our BA that this deal was a hand shake agreement and was done after our contract was ratified. So how would there be a paper trail in a handshake ....?

5habits100

There are no paper agreements......sounds like by that request...you know that. Amazing that out of all my comments, you didn't deny the grievances statistics or the back pay.....You can apologize to the members.
There is a plan document. I didn't comment about losing 99.9% of grievances because it is just a stupid comment on your part and doesn't justify me responding.

Sheep DAWG

I say there is going to be some digging going on very soon into the Atlantic Area Grievances.....if you're going to help the company, at least try to make it look inconspicuous. ...don't loose every single case.

upsbrown-2009

The more I've thought on this I to wish I could tell of a winning case in the last couple of years. But I to have seen numerous cases that would and should have been won. In the past these would have been won . With regret we see fellow members leaving with a 30 day suspension not back pay .....?

Sheep DAWG

Oh you won't hear of any back pay.....these guys in office have given away the farm with their shady deals and the grievance process has become a joke. That's why management tells the members to file......well all I can say is if you are a union leader, enjoy your limited time in office,,,the members have had enough.