UPS and IBT are in bed together

10 point

20 years ago we were on paper! Today Orion dictates your day ! There is a big disconnect between the 90s and 2016 ! It's time the International and Local s start educating themselves in today's time! UPS has educated their Management on how to use technology against the Members! Time the Union starts educating and fighting fire with fire !
We were only "on paper" 20 yrs ago if your diad board crashed. Thirty yrs ago maybe. Twenty...no

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug....not saying you weren't a member man....I just feel like somewhere along the way....you lost your spark and passion for the members. ...I feel you started deciding what you thought was best for the member instead of listening to what the member needs.

Thanks, for that observation.

UPS has educated their Management on how to use technology against the Members!

You are like 20 years behind.

The newbie.... doesn't even know what SPARCS was.

They are so out of touch with what's going on...

Right.

The IBT needs to turn their calendar to 2017.

My mobile devices.... keep updating me.

I think, I got this one.

Grievance DIADS? I love the idea!

Best idea yet.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

upsbrown-2009

I am so glad there are intelligence in this thread! The status quo would love to have a bunch of uneducated MEMBERS but to the contrary! We Members are not standing by and watching our UNION go down in Flames!!!!

Fullhouse

First the T-Net guys now it's the "Facebook" Teamsters. Stop complaing and start helping members. It's that simple. If you have non-representation at your barn then step up and do better by becoming a steward but don't cry about it on a blog. If your already a steward complaing here then your probably worthless because you can't find a way to overcome adversity. Voting for a IBT peresident has nothing to do with apathy in your building but to your actions will and with that representation comes votes, but that takes work! TDU just wants to take the easy route and win elections and the members suffer from inexperience and unqualified leadership.
Tell me , do the members suffer when the incumbents become complacent? When they ignore their membership? When they seek the approval of H and H instead of their membership? See there are more ways for members to suffer than by electing new officers! At least the newly elected officers are eager to serve!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Tell me , do the members suffer when the incumbents become complacent? When they ignore their membership? When they seek the approval of H and H instead of their membership? See there are more ways for members to suffer than by electing new officers! At least the newly elected officers are eager to serve!
Eager can also mean a fast lane to pain.

GameCockFan

I am in the Central and you are 100% wrong. BA's that didn't or don't work at UPS are not covered. Get a copy of the plan document and I will accept your apology when you read it for spreading false stories.

I'm in the Atlantic Area and ours are in fact covered even though they never worked at UPS. As a matter of fact we just voted in an entirely new local slate. The old slate got destroyed.

5habits100

I'm in the Atlantic Area and ours are in fact covered even though they never worked at UPS. As a matter of fact we just voted in an entirely new local slate. The old slate got destroyed.
Put the official document on here or PM it to me where a Business Agent that never worked at UPS is covered by the UPS IBT Pension Plan in Central States Area.
Does the Local Union pay the UPS IBT Pension Plan for Business Agent's?

5habits100

Well? I'm waiting.
Post the UPS/IBT Plan Document that allows Local Union's to pay for Business Agent whether they worked at UPS or not into the UPS/IBT Pension Plan.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I just want to see if the all teamster united slate can be a successful shop stewards before they are an international officer after all there are reasons why their own locals don't want them

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I thought we did this already ? :biggrin:

Refer to post #63.... in this thread.

I'm in the Atlantic Area and ours are in fact covered even though they never worked at UPS.

BS.

As I asked previously (in this thread), How would that be possible ??

Put the official document on here or PM it to me where a Business Agent that never worked at UPS is covered by the UPS IBT Pension Plan in Central States Area.

Don't hold your breath.

Besides, a member wouldn't have a copy anyway.

Well? I'm waiting.

So am I.

Does the Local Union pay the UPS IBT Pension Plan for Business Agent's?

Now we're getting somewhere.

The administrators of the Plan and the Local Union would have to execute

a "participation agreement" in writing.

And I guarantee.... it wouldn't include "non-ups" personnel.

-Bug-

Sheep DAWG

I thought we did this already ? :biggrin:

Refer to post #63.... in this thread.

BS.

As I asked previously (in this thread), How would that be possible ??

Don't hold your breath.

Besides, a member wouldn't have a copy anyway.

So am I.

Now we're getting somewhere.

The administrators of the Plan and the Local Union would have to execute

a "participation agreement" in writing.

And I guarantee.... it wouldn't include "non-ups" personnel.

-Bug-
Sounds like to me.....somebody's jealous that their local didn't get that sweet heart deal . I assure you some BA's that never worked at UPS got the pension deal. In the Central States Area.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm in the Atlantic Area and ours are in fact covered even though they never worked at UPS.

I assure you some BA's that never worked at UPS got the pension deal. In the Central States Area.

It's readily apparent, that neither of you can produce any documentation.

"I thought, I heard, or somebody told me." :biggrin:

If you can come up with something (besides innuendo)....

Get back with us.

Pfft.

-Bug-