UPS announces 12,000 job cuts, says package volume slipped last quarter

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Today was the first day in my center that management realized the scope and scale of the cuts. A few of them said they knew this was coming but were genuinely surprised by just how many.

My center manager wasn't their usual chipper, annoying self today.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Make UPS great again!

This is going to trigger a few.

IMG_1537.jpeg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Today was the first day in my center that management realized the scope and scale of the cuts. A few of them said they knew this was coming but were genuinely surprised by just how many.

My center manager wasn't their usual chipper, annoying self today.
Never understood the center manager job. Always seemed like an overpaid babysitter. When I started center manager’s use to be out at customers all the time trying to sell the business with sales figuring out pick up times, if the customer needed a trailer, etc. When I left for feeders they never went out of the office unless going to spy on drivers. A couple on roads and oms’s make a center manager job obsolete…sorry @Dragon

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Never understood the center manager job. Always seemed like an overpaid babysitter. When I started center manager’s use to be out at customers all the time trying to sell the business with sales figuring out pick up times, if the customer needed a trailer, etc. When I left for feeders they never went out of the office unless going to spy on drivers. A couple on roads and oms’s make a center manager job obsolete…sorry @Dragon

These new On Roads and Managers are paying the price for the corruption and greed from the previous ones sorry to say. Admit it we had some real Winners from the past, anybody who has been around for awhile can recall a real horror story about some sociopath that lied their way into management. The corporate culture was toxic add that to a weak, appeasing decisions by corrupt Union officials only added fuel to the workplace environments. The rank and file knew their place and kept their opinions and mouths to themselves rather than upset the status quo, the real lack of participation in our labor meetings or contract voting is proof in the pudding.

The governmental agencies that should be overseeing labor relations are now non essential, they have been effectively neutered by Corporate lobbyists decades ago. It doesn’t matter who is in office Democratic or Republican, the bureaucrats are in charge..nothing gets done.

Finally it appears that all those redundant executive positions are being eliminated and these “at will” partners are being bought out. Most will leave multi millionaires, prior employee agreements or expired ones. It all points to the next Contract in 2028, they have to cut to the bone every management position in order to justify going after their collective bargaining agreements. I hate beating a dead horse but prepare to see major changes in everyone’s pension formulas, the Company wants the rank and file in a 401K rather then keep paying or maintaining it’s pension obligations.

Going to hear a lot of “it ain’t going to happen”statements, they might be right .. it depends on a lot of factors .. the state of our economy and who is in office .. just saying start planning just in case.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The corporate culture was toxic add that to a weak, appeasing decisions by corrupt Union officials only added fuel to the workplace environments.

Is that speculation.... or are you offering documented proof ?

The rank and file knew their place and kept their opinions and mouths to themselves rather than upset the status quo, the real lack of participation in our labor meetings or contract voting is proof in the pudding.

Again, speculation.

I hate beating a dead horse but prepare to see major changes in everyone’s pension formulas, the Company wants the rank and file in a 401K rather then keep paying or maintaining it’s pension obligations.

Wrong.