UPS announces 12,000 job cuts, says package volume slipped last quarter

PoirotAtUPS

Mostly corporate offices in Atlanta and Dallas
Not enough at Corp to get to 12K - there’s a posted ADEA list showing staff by department - by end of year this cut is brutal. The total 85K includes other divisions besides package. Overall it’s a 14% cut but in package it’s gotta be at least 20%. Pays to be a teamster.

anonymous23456

Not enough at Corp to get to 12K - there’s a posted ADEA list showing staff by department - by end of year this cut is brutal. The total 85K includes other divisions besides package. Overall it’s a 14% cut but in package it’s gotta be at least 20%. Pays to be a teamster.
What is ADEA list?

RangerMan06

Highly doubt many package drivers get cut. Maybe some PT new hires.

Sporhwhore

Does anyone have any info on buildings that will be affected, as far as possibly closing ,or being idled. I know that there are at least 12 nation wide.
In the event of a building closure you will follow your work to the new building and dovetail onto the seniority list and no hourly employee will be laid off ( at least that’s what I’m being told)….supposedly theirs a lot of change of operations happening in the central Pennsylvania area at some of my neighboring centers

Sporhwhore

The fed ex one project or whatever they call it is due to happen soon enough… one would think that would make our profitable volume jump when it happens … is the company prematurely going into “the sky is falling “ mode?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
The fed ex one project or whatever they call it is due to happen soon enough… one would think that would make our profitable volume jump when it happens … is the company prematurely going into “the sky is falling “ mode?
I'm personally very excited to see that implosion that will undoubtedly happen with the FedEx Ground/Express baby being born.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
So many new accounts seething
1706022756340922.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
yea we were told to use weather delay a whole week after it thawed out

Just more whips going out to PT and supervision I bet. Honestly the less you manage some of these sorts the better they get.
This company is going to micromanage itself into oblivion…seriously.

DOK

Has any buildings been affected yet by this 12,000 management employee layoffs? So far nobody in our building, wondering if these “layoffs” were just from the building closures and consolidations and announced as layoffs to appease shareholders.