UPS announces 12,000 job cuts, says package volume slipped last quarter

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Is that speculation.... or are you offering documented proof ?

Again, speculation.

Wrong.

I know where you are coming from..I am talking over the last 40 years..study the history...

Remember all those Federal investigation reports in the back of the monthly Teamsters pamphlets, I know they ended several years ago..but the damage was already done

I have been around as long as you have and have been actively involved with Union affairs, not as a Stewart or Business Agent, just as an average rank and file member. We have seen them come and go, I never bowed my knee to anyone whether it be Company or Union. It is an opinion, what I say on this site is only speculation or a very informed opinion/observation. I have seen phone calls/E-Mails/Letters that were ignored or blown off, I seen the politics involved during the Hoffa years and It was never pretty. So..in your judgement the International or the Locals have been squeaky clean during our time over the last 45 years ?

Thebrownblob

I know where you are coming from..I am talking over the last 40 years..study the history...

Remember all those Federal investigation reports in the back of the monthly Teamsters pamphlets, I know they ended several years ago..but the damage was already done

I have been around as long as you have and have been actively involved with Union affairs, not as a Stewart or Business Agent, just as an average rank and file member. We have seen them come and go, I never bowed my knee to anyone whether it be Company or Union. It is an opinion, what I say on this site is only speculation or a very informed opinion/observation. I have seen phone calls/E-Mails/Letters that were ignored or blown off, I seen the politics involved during the Hoffa years and It was never pretty. So..in your judgement the International or the Locals have been squeaky clean during our time over the last 45 years ?
Every organization has pockets of corruption. It’s the nature of the beast when humans and money are involved, The Hoffa administration, was systemically corrupt, complacent, possibly.

Your analysis on pensions going away is very inaccurate. The recent solidifying of the central states pension proves that your pension is the safe as any retirement program that anyone has that is to say there is nothing that is 100% but overall it’s very safe and going nowhere.

RTS313

IE confirmed not getting cut

eat :censored2: box jockeys
IMG_3163.gif

DELACROIX

Every organization has pockets of corruption. It’s the nature of the beast when humans and money are involved, The Hoffa administration, was systemically corrupt, complacent, possibly.

Your analysis on pensions going away is very inaccurate. The recent solidifying of the central states pension proves that your pension is the safe as any retirement program that anyone has that is to say there is nothing that is 100% but overall it’s very safe and going nowhere.

Maybe it wasn’t corruption, maybe it was just plain incompetence. Atlanta might not be the only fish bowl in play, God forbid that we question any authority or their unquestionable actions or inactions.

The pension buy out did help out our current pensioners and secured the future funding, it also gave a break for those companies and corporations that are or were under the Central States plan, they escaped any future financial liabilities associated with their retirees.

As @BUG pointed out it is just conjecture that UPS is going after our pension plans..but consider what they just did to their own..

Thebrownblob

Maybe it wasn’t corruption, maybe it was just plain incompetence. Atlanta might not be the only fish bowl in play, God forbid that we question any authority or their unquestionable actions or inactions.

The pension buy out did help out our current pensioners and secured the future funding, it also gave a break for those companies and corporations that are or were under the Central States plan, they escaped any future financial liabilities associated with their retirees.

As @BUG pointed out it is just conjecture that UPS is going after our pension plans..but consider what they just did to their own..
I reread my reply to you, and I meant to say the Hoffa administration was NOT systemically corrupt. Most likely complacent.

The big difference between our pension and the companies is we have an organization standing in the way of anyone taking ours away.

What'dyabringmetoday???

My local is squeaky clean. Compared to Joe Biden at least...

DELACROIX

Kate’s retention bonus of 3,000,000 divided by 3 years, 750,000 year one (2000), 750,000 year two (2001) and 1,500,000 on her third year (2002). She sold 10,000,000 worth at 190 a share before this contract. This is not her yearly salary, this is a bonus…Remember that UPS Stock was only selling at 90 a share before the pandemic.

Reallywhocares

Does anyone have any info on buildings that will be affected, as far as possibly closing ,or being idled. I know that there are at least 12 nation wide.