Ups contract update

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Minor economic issues have long been dealt with on a local or supplemental level.

For example in my local if u work 1 day out of the month ups contributes a full months worth of pension and healthcare money for u.

That's an economic issue

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Its true that they should have aimed for more than a 51% vote. But after the voting takes place, the results must be honored. That is the whole basis of a democratic vote!

It would be a complete breakdown of the voting process if they could just reverse the results of a vote because they didnt like the outcome. If we feel that 51% is not adequate, we need to change the voting process to require a supermajority instead, but until we do make that change, we need to respect the majority vote on our TA and move forward with resolving supplement issues, not dwelling on the NMA issues that have already been passed
Pretty sure that's what I said...and if it isn't that's what I meant.

My thought is if our leaders keep writing letters to us and president saying help me. That shows weakness. They need to go. We need some package blood at the helm.

Ashell

My biggest concern is with the raises and the new health care plan. From talking to the steward the dental and vision is not as good. Even if medical benefits are similar, that doesn't mean the doctor you are comfortable with will accept the new plan. I don't know what other peoples areas are like, but finding a decent doctor is tough. I usually have to go through more than one before I can get issues fixed. Do I blame Aetna? No, because they have never turned me down for anything. That's what has me worried, is if the new company is not accepted or denies claims, its worthless regardless of coverage.
I have also heard a rumor we wont get raises till the end of the year. People are saying we will get the last have of this years contract in august, but we have already gotten both halves. People talk about back pay like its coming, but what happened to the back pay from the last contract. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. If that is true its like not getting a raise for 5 months, or about 300$ a year. I wish there was better information out there so I didn't have to rely on hear say.

I don't blame people for taking a stand on harassment. I narc-ed out a sup, and now I always have a target painted on me. Managers from across the building that don't even work in that area have come over and started nit picking my job. My name gets called out on the radio for mistakes I didn't even make. If you think about it though, not giving everyone in the company their raises is a method of causing peer pressure. It may not fit the legal definition of hostile work environment, but it is a way of getting employees to pressure others to comply and give up their concerns, and that is harassment. Its becoming par for the course at UPS.

Skooney

Not at all. My point is that Two different people reading the same book might interpret the words completely different. Some might see the letter as just information. Others might see the letter as a complete slap in the face.

Lol. Spoken like a true apologist.

Skooney

My biggest concern is with the raises and the new health care plan. From talking to the steward the dental and vision is not as good. Even if medical benefits are similar, that doesn't mean the doctor you are comfortable with will accept the new plan. I don't know what other peoples areas are like, but finding a decent doctor is tough. I usually have to go through more than one before I can get issues fixed. Do I blame Aetna? No, because they have never turned me down for anything. That's what has me worried, is if the new company is not accepted or denies claims, its worthless regardless of coverage.
I have also heard a rumor we wont get raises till the end of the year. People are saying we will get the last have of this years contract in august, but we have already gotten both halves. People talk about back pay like its coming, but what happened to the back pay from the last contract. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. If that is true its like not getting a raise for 5 months, or about 300$ a year. I wish there was better information out there so I didn't have to rely on hear say.

I don't blame people for taking a stand on harassment. I narc-ed out a sup, and now I always have a target painted on me. Managers from across the building that don't even work in that area have come over and started nit picking my job. My name gets called out on the radio for mistakes I didn't even make. If you think about it though, not giving everyone in the company their raises is a method of causing peer pressure. It may not fit the legal definition of hostile work environment, but it is a way of getting employees to pressure others to comply and give up their concerns, and that is harassment. Its becoming par for the course at UPS.

What back pay from last contract? Please elaborate.

Whoever told you that you aren't getting a raise till the end of the year, is ill-informed. You got your raise today, however, due to issues with the 17 supplements you will not receive your .70 in wage increase on a check until the contract is completely ratified. That could be 2 months, it could be 2 years. ALL raises will be retroactive, and you will receive a check for what you are owed in compensation.. If what you've said here is what you are telling co-workers, then your just part of the problem. Secondly, attend a meeting, and read around the Brown Cafe and you'll understand exactly what is happening, and stop fear-mongering other uninformed employees.

cynic

Like I said before, letting the thousands that are already on the teamster healthcare plan vote on whether the thousands on the UPS plan stay on that current plan was wrong. As you can see the healthcare is the biggest concern of many, but of course not a concern to those already under the teamster plan. They don't have to worry about possibly finding new doctors who will accept the new provider of coverage etc...

Exactly.

As a PT'er in a RTW state with very few PT members and the FT members already in Teamcare - why did I even vote?